The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

9 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

Disagreed on this, cant think of a time when HHH hasn't come across as the ultimate twat

I don’t know about that. He definitely came across as a bit laddy and ostentatious in his earlier years, but I think he’s grown into someone people really like across the board.

The outpouring of genuine love and emotion for him from most of wrestlings good eggs when he was sacked and then had his heart pop, showed me enough to think he’s a good bloke.

AEW folks, WWE folks.. men, women… they all lined up to say he was the absolute best. Kevin Owens is a pretty good barometer of twat, and even he was fawning over Trippers.

• Paid Members

I haven’t kept up with WWE or NXT or any of the product in ages but caught bits and pieces of Rick Steiner’s lad. With Vince gone, is there any chance they finally drop the shite Bronn Breakker name and let him use Steiner? Or are they too far along now? I’m guessing the name is staying. Just seems pointless to me when everything about him screams ‘Steiner’ and he looks, acts and sounds like an exact mix of Rick and Scott. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Wasn't Breakker already signed during the Black and Gold days? 

He was, but that he debuted on the first 2.0 where HHH wasnt in charge does make me think something went from holding him back to suddenly being a main eventer in NXT. 

Just rambling thoughts from me there though. 

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I haven’t kept up with WWE or NXT or any of the product in ages but caught bits and pieces of Rick Steiner’s lad. With Vince gone, is there any chance they finally drop the shite Bronn Breakker name and let him use Steiner? Or are they too far along now? I’m guessing the name is staying. Just seems pointless to me when everything about him screams ‘Steiner’ and he looks, acts and sounds like an exact mix of Rick and Scott. 

Fabian Aichner has just be renamed and he’s been there 6 years. Similar James Drake and Zack Gibson. And don’t forget Walter becoming Gunther, Pete Dunne becoming Butch (although was more of a complete gimmick overhaul going from NXT to MainRoster).

Most of those happened while Vince was still around, but even this weekend Io Shirai got changed to Iyo Skye, again having been there a number of years, so it’s possible that Bronn Breaker could get renamed at some point, it’ll depend on whether they decide to really lean into him being a Steiner or not. 

Everything feels a bit less tightly wound - the promos, the matches, the commentators.  Small steps but it does help the product.

Thing is, you can't fix that it's a 3 hour show.  That third hour is always going to be an hour too much.

Bayley though - I don't get the love.  She looks like someone's mum who's wandered out into the arena.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

how badly written Edge’s return has been

I missed his first main event run, so I can't compare but he's always been a bit shit for me.  Now he's just older, and still a bit rubbish.

Edge is a perfect example of a guy who has suffered by being quintessentially WWE. It's all he's ever done and the only system he's ever run in.

People don't like Cody but his return was tip top. Certain guys like that who are perennial 7s and 8s - and who know it - can really get a fire under their arse bouncing between big leagues or going king of the indies for awhile. 

Edge has always been well liked and a top player for practically the entirety of his WWE career. He has just enough sway to do his rubbish character ideas and just enough complacency to do them within the company blueprint. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK