VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

On 6/7/2023 at 12:56 PM, Lorne Malvo said:

They get progressively dumber and stupider but I find they're all pretty fun (although I haven't seen Fast X yet). Hobbs & Shaw is the point where it just becomes a superhero franchise though, it's a ridiculous film.

Have they gone into Space yet? That will surely the culmination, unless we then get Army of the Fast & Furious. “This, is my GEAR STICK!”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Creed III turned up on Prime (makes sense with Amazon owning MGM or whatever studio it is now). Imagine my surprise when Todd Grisham turned up doing commentary at the beginning and the end, and Mauro Ranallo turns up halfway through. It was fine. Felt a bit Rocky V. I don't think they need to do any more now u less Rocky's lad's going to step up in the 4th one and bring it all full circle. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I watched The Little Mermaid yesterday afternoon to get out of the sun for a bit cos I'd been out in it all day, was surprised to find myself really liking it. The introduction to the undersea world looked incredible and the whole thing was pretty spectacular and "magical". Ariel was adorable and appropriately otherworldly. I forgot it was going to be a musical until Ariel broke into song suddenly, I could take or leave most of the songs (except under the sea obviously which is great).

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I forgot it was going to be a musical until Ariel broke into song suddenly, I could take or leave most of the songs (except under the sea obviously which is great).

I thought that Under the Sea felt really flat compared to the animated version and why was Ariel singing along?!?!  Still not the worst version though until Shaggy's is erased.

Halle Bailey was amazing though.  Her rendition of "Part of Your World" literally (correct use of the word version) brings a tear to my eye.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

why was Ariel singing along?!?! 

No idea, I haven't seen the original since 1990 at the cinema. I thought I wasn't even going to enjoy the reboot so when I started to like it I wasn't looking to nitpick. I'm certainly not a Disney adult, although I did think Cruella was 10/10, I really loved that one.

I was quite surprised by The Little Mermaid too. There’s absolutely nothing in it for me but the quality was quite high and Javier Bardem seemed to be treating it like a proper film. Not Halle Berry was very good I thought. The biggest let down was Melissa McCarthy  who I assumed would be the only good thing in it but is hardly any fun at all. 

• Paid Members

I saw Transformers Rise of the Beasts because we don’t have air conditioning in the house. Not as good as Bumblebee, better than practically all the Bay ones though. 3D was pretty good. Rolled my eyes twice at things that happened in the final act. 5/10

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I saw Transformers Rise of the Beasts because we don’t have air conditioning in the house. Not as good as Bumblebee, better than practically all the Bay ones though. 3D was pretty good. Rolled my eyes twice at things that happened in the final act. 5/10

I haven't seen it yet, but I have seen the trailers, and I'm willing to bet "getting Unicron all wrong again" is one of these.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I have seen the trailers, and I'm willing to bet "getting Unicron all wrong again" is one of these.

Spoiler

Goes without saying, but there was worse than that for me, or atleast on a par. Still better then Bayformers though

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Rolled my eyes twice at things that happened in the final act. 5/10

Spoiler

Was it the stupid transformers Iron Man suit? Didn't mind the GiJoe mention but I hated that fucking suit.

Still, there was a giant robot gorilla with Ron Perlman's voice so can't complain too much.