Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

Seeing as this happened in public at a signing and in front of other Impact! wrestlers, I presume proof would be pretty easy to come by.  There must have been plenty of witnesses.

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

Seeing as this happened in public at a signing and in front of other Impact! wrestlers, I presume proof would be pretty easy to come by.  There must have been plenty of witnesses.

It’s whether those impact wrestlers give a shit though. They may have just seen it as ribbing and grassing wouldn’t be well received with their peers. 

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s whether those impact wrestlers give a shit though. They may have just seen it as ribbing and grassing wouldn’t be well received with their peers. 

And if they just see it as ribbing then they're as shit as the legends that sat there doing fuck all. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Is Steiner still involved in politics at all? I thought he was a local councilor or along those lines right? 

He was a School Governor at his kids schools, and I believe he deals in real estate now.  Didn’t think he was this kind of dick.  I know there was the bullying shite him and Scott used to do back in the day, but this is a whole different level.

6 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

He was a School Governor at his kids schools, and I believe he deals in real estate now.  Didn’t think he was this kind of dick.  I know there was the bullying shite him and Scott used to do back in the day, but this is a whole different level.

To be honest, it’s on exactly the same level - Kevin Nash accused him of some really horrific things, stuff that could - and likely should - have landed him in prison. Steiner’s a piece of shit. 

52 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

The thing is, it probably isn’t a different level to him. He no doubt sees this as exactly the same as making rookies day their dues, the horrible old prick. 

Rick Steiner is a currently a member of the Cherokee County Board of Education in Georgia, representing District 4. His term ends on December 31, 2026. He was re-elected last November. He also does very well in real estate, apparently. 

He's obviously a piece of shit as a person and there are no shortage of stories out there. Maybe someone needs to give Vordell Walker a call...

It just speaks to the two Americas.  To educated young wrestling fans in the coasts this sort of behaviour and opinion seems horrible, but I’d imagine his sentiment on a trans person is shared by many, many people in the midwest, or in rural areas.  The US is still deeply conservative, religious and white outside of the big cities.

I don’t think these people will disappear any time soon or be shamed into silence either.  

9 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Fuck Rick Steiner and the bellends wanting proof. I and thousand of others fully believe Gisele, it’s 2023 for fuck sake, leave trans people the fuck alone to live their lives freely

Yeah this is the part I don't get.
Even IF you have a particular view about trans people or whatever, why say anything? Why yell slurs at someone who is just minding their own business?
What do you hope to achieve? I don't understand it.