Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

Wow, then that outburst and those accusations will surely see her brought in and questioned by her bosses, surely? I don't watch an awful lot of wrestling these days, but I'm led to believe AEW do things differently. Hopefully they act upon the allegations and at least investigate them.

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

Wow, then that outburst and those accusations will surely see her brought in and questioned by her bosses, surely? I don't watch an awful lot of wrestling these days, but I'm led to believe AEW do things differently. Hopefully they act upon the allegations and at least investigate them.

She's apparently on a 2 week cruise as of yesterday/today which is a long time for Tony Khan to wait to see her text messages.

2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

She's apparently on a 2 week cruise as of yesterday/today which is a long time for Tony Khan to wait to see her text messages.

That should give them time to look into the allegations and maybe speak to Chavo to get a better idea of the situation from a third party.

9 minutes ago, David said:

If by ‘do things differently’ you mean employ several wrestlers who have had credible allegations of grave sexual misconduct made against them, then yes, they do things differently. 

12 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

If by ‘do things differently’ you mean employ several wrestlers who have had credible allegations of grave sexual misconduct made against them, then yes, they do things differently. 

Ah, I remembering reading about that! Jay Lethal is one of them, isn't he? I always assumed AEW had positioned themselves as the more modern, progressive wrestling company. I guess this situation with Vicki will be a chance to flex those muscles without risking losing someone who's a major player.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. With her leaving soon they’ll probably do nothing. But how bad would it look if they got rid of someone standing by an alleged abuser? Given how they didn’t get rid of alleged abusers and had an actual convicted rapist on their TV show.