Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Stop the pigeon said:

Spotted El Ligerio at Ricky Gervais in Leeds last night. (no mask on) Looked well miserable ๐Ÿ˜„

Completely off topic but I was at a show once when someone I knew was asked to drop something to him while people fucked off to tescos. When they asked how to spot him without the mask and in his trackies they were told to look for the bloke with a face like a bag of spanners.

3 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Completely off topic but I was at a show once when someone I knew was asked to drop something to him while people fucked off to tescos. When they asked how to spot him without the mask and in his trackies they were told to look for the bloke with a face like a bag of spanners.

And you were right. Always heard they put him in a mask as he looked like gollum.

54 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Worked with him a few times. Miserable, tight prick and even worse when he got signed by WWE.ย 
ย 

How on earth the bong eyed wanker got all those women ย interested in him beats me.ย 

Edited by Daddymagic

• Paid Members

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/wrestlers-protest-completes-a-month-vinesh-phogat-sakshi-malik-and-bajrang-punia-lead-candlelight-march-8625370/

Olympic level wrestlers have been protesting in India for over a month. Against the Wrestling Federation of India president. Who is accused of sexually assaulting female wrestlers. The wrestlers and other supporting groups had intended to protest at the inauguration of the newย  Indian parliament today. They're not being allowed to and there are some disturbing videos coming out of India. Showing heavy handed police action against the protestors. As well as detaining and impeding supporting groups from joining the protest.

If anyone has watched the film Dangal. A film about the Phogat family. And the father daughter relationship as he trains his daughters to be high level wrestlers. This Phogat family are involved in the protests.

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/more-sports/wrestling/wfi-rejects-wrestlers-allegations-against-president-brij-bhushan-sharan-singh/articleshow/97199905.cms

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/jantar-mantar-cleared-out-but-wrestlers-undeterred-we-will-restart-our-satyagraha-8634035/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65739465

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

Is he still working Megaslam shows under a Spiderman mask?

It was never Megaslam he worked for, just to be clear, and so they don't get tarred with that brush.

Whoever edited his Wikipedia entry said that he worked SuperSlam (which, I believe, is an offshoot of All-Star), while the story I heard at the time was that he'd worked a bought show using John Fremantle's ring, where I'm unsure of the promoter.

I'm almost certain it's not Megaslam, though, and I think it's important to be clear about this kind of thing inasmuch as possible.

Think I first met Ligero (Simon Bongeye as we called the miserable sod later) in 2007. He used to date one of the Blossom Twins and they worked his merch table and he was really weird about us chatting to them getting merch. Looking back I really don't wanna research how old was who in all that.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

It was never Megaslam he worked for, just to be clear, and so they don't get tarred with that brush.

Whoever edited his Wikipedia entry said that he worked SuperSlam (which, I believe, is an offshoot of All-Star), while the story I heard at the time was that he'd worked a bought show using John Fremantle's ring, where I'm unsure of the promoter.

I'm almost certain it's not Megaslam, though, and I think it's important to be clear about this kind of thing inasmuch as possible.

Ahh fair enough, my mistake, I was literally going of memory from what i read on twitter one day. the word Slam must have been why i thought what i did.

ย 

ย 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Chili said:

Think I first met Ligero (Simon Bongeye as we called the miserable sod later) in 2007. He used to date one of the Blossom Twins and they worked his merch table and he was really weird about us chatting to them getting merch. Looking back I really don't wanna research how old was who in all that.

Based on the ever trustworthy wiki and 2007 as a date he'd be 22 she'd be 19, for what it's worth. Nothing inherently odd there to be honest.