Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

What were they alleged to have done?

Robinson I’m sure was grooming and his defence was everything about it was consensual. 

Ospreay I think was related to down playing allegations and getting the victim blackballed 

It was alleged by the victim that she was taken on a trip to Germany at 16 years old by Dan Edler who got her drunk. 
Her and Paul got close and they ended up kissing and continued flirting when they got home. His partner then found out & put an end to it. He would be roughly 30 at the time. 

His defence didn't deny any of it took place, said he was drunk including in his match and that they had "got close" but didn't mention the kiss. 
He says he contacted her parents when they got back & put an end to it 

Edited by Daddymagic

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

There's no detail in this statement to confirm it's any more than a handshake and a wink between industry mates, one of the very problems Speaking Out highlighted.

Which as I said makes it a big statement in my opinion, if you're not happy with that.

Just rotten. Absolutely rotten. It's essentially back to 'Mates with the top guys can get away with what they want' isn't it? Fight Club will be announcing its return soon with big Trav' Banks training the students after an 'internal investigation' found him not guilty.

Browsing Twitter the reaction has been mostly negative so I would like to think this would discourage 'others' from having a go at coming back.

2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Browsing Twitter the reaction has been mostly negative so I would like to think this would discourage 'others' from having a go at coming back.

I’d like to think that too, but wrestling fans in general don’t care if they like the wrestlers or who they perform for. Could be a town hall show or a TV show, they’ll excuse it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not pro wrestling but the biggest amateur wrestlers in the India have been protesting for over a month now against the head of the Wrestling Federation of India to get him arrested on sexual harassment charges.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/wrestlers-protest-news-jantar-mantar-delhi-brij-bhushan-sharan-singh-vinesh-phogat-bajrang-punia-wrestling-news-101684651045229.html

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Not pro wrestling but the biggest amateur wrestlers in the India have been protesting for over a month now against the head of the Wrestling Federation of India to get him arrested on sexual harassment charges.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/wrestlers-protest-news-jantar-mantar-delhi-brij-bhushan-sharan-singh-vinesh-phogat-bajrang-punia-wrestling-news-101684651045229.html

Got worried Rohit and the Angaar lads were wronguns for a minute there. 

• Paid Members
On 5/3/2023 at 8:05 PM, Infinity Land said:

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/with_replies

He is a UK based "journalist", Head wrestling writer for GiveMeSport. Never heard of that website? Neither have I. Unfortuanately, it means enough that he has been credentialed for several press events over the years. Most recently Wrestlemania. He's a name that I became familiar with because of his pro-WWE, anti-AEW hot takes that would usually see him heavily ratioed.

There's a clip going around of Kate from Fightful listing some of the things he did. Nothing graphic in the telling but content warning.

Well now

If you click on the full picture you can see his bio which, hilariously he forgot to change his name in

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Well now

If you click on the full picture you can see his bio which, hilariously he forgot to change his name in

Give Me Sport hasn't exactly got the best culture.

Theres a screenshot of a slack chat where they tell employees not to talk about the Dangoor case and that it's "unsubstantiated rumours"