Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

18 minutes ago, Nexus said:

because it's going to be easier than answering a billion questions through comments. 

Can imagine. My 7yo was sending her teacher 20x dog emojis every time she submitted a bit of work first time around.

Then she got bolshy and started asking where her platinum postcard was as she'd got 20 golds. I had to rein her in a bit!

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Thought this may be some help to any of you parents

If the BBC are real men they'll put on Look and Read for that true Off School Sick in 1993 feel.

Dark Towers please.

Edited by PowerButchi

Took redundancy recently and though things are obviously harder financially without work, I have no serious regrets. 

Mentally I'm feeling the best I have in ages. No longer have to worry about possibly catching the virus in work and passing it onto my mother. 

Dole money is still shit though. Some things never change.

31 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Took redundancy recently and though things are obviously harder financially without work, I have no serious regrets. 

Mentally I'm feeling the best I have in ages. No longer have to worry about possibly catching the virus in work and passing it onto my mother. 

Dole money is still shit though. Some things never change.

Hopefully the government extend the extra money they agreed last April. Glad your mental health is better too  

• Paid Members

I've spent the last couple of hours either crying or being pissed off. I'm gonna live by myself until my landlord moves anyone else in, which seems Feb at the earliest now, I don't know the area which is a massive trigger, I have no work to go to as its from home, the estate I'm on is surrounded by places I've been told to avoid by people who used to live here and I just don't have a reason to get up right now as my contract doesn't start for another 2 weeks and even then I'll work from home so never meet any colleagues.

I'm gonna be broken by this lockdown. Absolutely smashed. There's nothing positive I can think of right now and its shit because I was finally so happy with everything and for the first time ever moving and stuff.

8 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I've spent the last couple of hours either crying or being pissed off. I'm gonna live by myself until my landlord moves anyone else in, which seems Feb at the earliest now, I don't know the area which is a massive trigger, I have no work to go to as its from home, the estate I'm on is surrounded by places I've been told to avoid by people who used to live here and I just don't have a reason to get up right now as my contract doesn't start for another 2 weeks and even then I'll work from home so never meet any colleagues.

I'm gonna be broken by this lockdown. Absolutely smashed. There's nothing positive I can think of right now and its shit because I was finally so happy with everything and for the first time ever moving and stuff.

Are you able to meet your colleagues virtually beforehand? I don’t know if they do anything like daily catch ups or the like and although they may say no as you’ve not started is it worth asking if you can have a meet up with everyone before you start?

Are you able to go for walks around your local area? Maybe once you’re out of the estate things might be better and even in your estate it might be an opportunity for you to decide for yourself as opposed to listening to other people’s opinions. If you are able to find a nice park or similar open space near you to exercise in there is nothing better than watching the sun come up. Seriously the world is so beautiful if you can get out there, I don’t want to preach but if you’re able to get into some sort of routine and exercise for even 20 minutes it really help with your mental health. You’re a good man Shy Dad, never forget that. 

Edited by stewdogg
Tori Spelling

• Paid Members

I'm gonna try and get out the house tomorrow, using today as a cleaning day as that relaxes me like nothing else.

Work wise, I've been given a start date of next week, hopefully there's a chance of either meeting virtually or getting into the school just to grab resources etc so that I can feel a little more prepared. 

As for walking as mentioned, I'm gonna just try and bimble to Asda tomorrow, I need to get some supplies for the weekend and some things for the house I forgot to bring so that will at least give me some escape. The positive thing I'm looking at today is I'll hopefully soon either have housemates or have lockdown over. If I can get to Feb I live right by Weston football club so when spectators can go in again I have that as well.

Its just trying to keep myself occupied this week I think, there's only so much daytime TV and reading I can do. Might try and do some cooking and get some stuff up on the cookery thread maybe.

• Awards Moderator
23 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

As for walking as mentioned, I'm gonna just try and bimble to Asda tomorrow, I need to get some supplies for the weekend and some things for the house I forgot to bring so that will at least give me some escape.

Its just trying to keep myself occupied this week I think, there's only so much daytime TV and reading I can do. Might try and do some cooking and get some stuff up on the cookery thread maybe.

For walking I recommend the rambler's site https://www.ramblers.org.uk/go-walking/find-a-walk-or-route.aspx or search National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/site-search.html#gsc.tab=0 I found heaps of places within a couple of miles I wasn't aware of.

And to everyone's shock heartily recommend cooking. Pick a dish you love but have never cooked, or pick a cuisine you've never tried (though that can be expensive). More than happy to recommend something if you need inspiration.