Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

My work finally broke me I’m now signed off with stress 

They had a fellow worker test positive while I was off. Our clients disabled adults come in everyday from home. Said staff was around these guys all day helping them interacting etc. Work tested all the staff.....but didn’t ask any of the service users to test or isolate. The claim the use of a facemask negated the need. 

Clearly that’s bullshit even if it’s right said staff would have removed it lots of times in the day to eat and drink. 

I attempted to talk to mangers who ignored my emails. I contacted the union who they are now ignoring to. 

No idea what to do, I’m so close to getting the vaccine but I can’t go in not knowing if I’m walking into a centre with several positive people. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

So if they replied to you, how are they ignoring you? I’m confused. Or are your work ignoring the union?

Sorry it wasn’t very clear. 

I attempted to raise my concerns on my own which they ignored. 

So I contacted the union who then contacted them asking them to respond to my concerns. They have thus far ignored them to

Right, I’ve got you. No wonder that’s adding to your stress. I realise this is easier said than done but try not to feel guilty about being signed off. It’s very common for feelings of guilt to take over when you aren’t at work and others are. A medical professional has said you aren’t well enough to work so try not to feel bad about that. 

10 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Ok that went nuclear.

The response is in, they lied to PHE. Seems they reported that the staff never removed their mask. I know that a lie as i witnessed everyone removing them at some point.

The result is i just quit i cant work for a company that would do that.

Fucking hell, that's absolutely shocking. Who did you work for? Not that it's any of my business.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Fucking hell, that's absolutely shocking. Who did you work for? Not that it's any of my business.

I dont want to say i have alot of friends there, I also cant prove anything as i wasn't on site. But when i was i saw every single person remove the masks to drink or eat. Never once did anyone ever go outside 

5 years gone like that

CILIP (library and information association) advise that libraries should close.

My head of service reads it.

One hour later announces that all libraries are to remain open and more should open for PC access.

We have more libraries open for PC access now than we did before lockdown.