All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

I really liked Sinister. It has a typically wobbly final act but I’ve come to the conclusion that that’s mostly a me issue as I seem to have the same complaint about almost any horror. It must be incredibly difficult to keep the suspense up when you finally do the reveal in these films. I think Insidious was probably the worst example of this but it’s first two thirds weren’t that great either.

So i saw Sinister at the cinema, wouldn't say it's the scariest movie ever made, but it was decent enough.

I can see why the audience members tested for that 'experiment' had high heart beats, as it had at least 6 loud jump scares.

Any fans of Blumhouse?

We got The Craft Legacy and Freaky coming out soon, the latter of which looks interesting.

Edited by TheSurgeon

• 2 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

Universal are putting the classics on YouTube for free for a week starting Friday. 

https://www.nme.com/news/film/classic-universal-horror-movies-dracula-frankenstein-available-free-youtube-2849722

January 15, 2021 (8pm GMT)

Dracula (1931)

The Mummy (1932)

January 16, 2021 (8pm GMT)

Frankenstein (1931)

Bride Of Frankenstein (1935)

January 17, 2021 (8pm GMT)

The Invisible Man (1933)

The Wolf Man (1941)

Abbott And Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)

I've only seen Abbott and Costello from that list so I'm hoping for a marathon. I'm sure they've aged poorly but they should be seen. 

Edited by Onyx2

Can I do a shameless plug - in the summer of 2019, some of my mates went to Albania and produced the remake of Castle Freak along with Barbara Crampton (and if you squint very hard, you can see the back of my head in a couple of scenes)

More of a reimagining, and to be honest it is slow to start with but the final half really ramps things up

you can definately tell the director has a background in prosthetics & if you are a fan of gore then this is for you

Availible on Shudder now

5 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Universal are putting the classics on YouTube for free for a week starting Friday. 

https://www.nme.com/news/film/classic-universal-horror-movies-dracula-frankenstein-available-free-youtube-2849722

January 15, 2021 (8pm GMT)

Dracula (1931)

The Mummy (1932)

January 16, 2021 (8pm GMT)

Frankenstein (1931)

Bride Of Frankenstein (1935)

January 17, 2021 (8pm GMT)

The Invisible Man (1933)

The Wolf Man (1941)

Abbott And Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)

I've only seen Abbott and Costello from that list so I'm hoping for a marathon. I'm sure they've aged poorly but they should be seen. 

Fantastic, love me some Universal Horror, seen them all many a time with Dracula being my personal favorite, Lugosi's performance is simply spellbinding

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TheSurgeon said:

Anyone seen Psycho Goreman yet?

Think Wishmaster crossed with Power Rangers.

spacer.png

I can't wait to watch it. The trailer looks great. Where did you watch it? I couldn't find it digitally and they only format I found was a region-free Blu-Ray that isn't available until March.