All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

5 minutes ago, children of bodom said:

Halloween 3 is still one of my favourite horror filmsĀ 

Love Halloween 3 too, it gets the hate because Michael Myers wasn't in it. But they killed him in the 2nd one, and were going to capitalize on the name and release a different 'Halloween' film every year. Fans hated it, they went back to Michael.

Had it been released as just 'Season Of The Witch', it would have been received much more favorably. :)Ā 
I'll refrain from posting a youtube link to the song :)

2 minutes ago, DEF said:

The only one that genuinely sucks is Goes To Hell.

Sucks as a F13 film, or just in general?

If it wasn't a F13 film, and it was based around a faceless killer that could possess people, would it be a bad film?Ā Ā 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, TheSurgeon said:

Sucks as a F13 film, or just in general?

If it wasn't a F13 film, and it was based around a faceless killer that could possess people, would it be a bad film?Ā Ā 

A lot of column A and a little of column B. It's a terrible F13 film but it's also a pretty shoddy generic supernatural killer film. If you can separate it from the F13 mythos then I concede it does play better.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

I'm currantly maki lng my way though the Friday the 13th bluraus and dvds again. They are my favouite slashers.. I prefer numbers 6 and 7 myself.. Any other fans of these?Ā 

They are all terrible but I love them. Number 5 is my favourite.Ā 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Waiting patiently for somebody to give the only correct answer.

I gave the correct answer because it includes Takes Manhattan

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, DarloKid said:

I had posted this in the dvd and film thread, this however is probably the best place to ask. So,Ā any recommendations for shudder channel what too watch, took advantage of there 99p a month for the next 3 months offerĀ 

The Horror Noire documentary is superb. Pontypool and One Cut of the Dead are great takes on the zombie movie. It would probably be easier if you told us what kind of thing you are looking for.

31 minutes ago, DEF said:

The Horror Noire documentary is superb. Pontypool and One Cut of the Dead are great takes on the zombie movie. It would probably be easier if you told us what kind of thing you are looking for.

Ā 

to be honest I enjoy all types of horror, slashers being my favouriteĀ 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, DarloKid said:

Ā 

to be honest I enjoy all types of horror, slashers being my favouriteĀ 

Slashers are my bag to. I recommend The Collector, Deep Red, Maniac Cop, Bloody Birthday, A Bay of Blood, Blood Rage, The Mutilator, Death Walks In High Heels, Don't Go In The Woods (so bad it's amazing) and to a lesser extent Sorority Row.

Edited by DEF

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

For F13 fans, strongly recommend the Camp Crystal Lake documentary about the making of them. It's absolutely lovely.

Crystal Lake Memories? it's fantastic but you definitely need to either make a lot of time for it or watch it in two sittings as it's like 7 1/2 hours long, there's another take on the series in a more condensed manner called His Name Was Jason which is also recommended

There's also the Nightmare on Elm Street documentary Never Sleep Again which runs around 4-5 hours and it's semi sequel I Am Nancy, about Heather Langenkamp