All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Is there somewhere I can view the full Shudder UK catalogue without having to sign up?

Yeah it's on Amazon. At least on the PS4 you can look through the catalogue without signing up

EDIT - having said that I've no idea if shudder has more stuff outside of its Amazon channel in the UK.

Edited by DEF

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Is there somewhere I can view the full Shudder UK catalogue without having to sign up?

Shudder is decent, but I find myself subbing for a month or so, watching everything I want to see, unsubscribing, then coming back later when they've added more stuff I want to see.

• Paid Members
On 1/2/2020 at 4:15 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

I enjoyed this until the ending which I thought was absolutely awful and unnecessarily mean-spirited. Really killed its comedy vibe.

I swear, as I was scrolling the page and Summer of 84 was brought up, the actual words I was thinking of typing in regards to the ending were "unnecessarily mean-spirited." To me, the film could have been a new generations Goonies. You could have done a few of these films with that cast. But that ending depressed the fuck out of me. It was nasty and short sighted.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I only see about 300 titles on Amazon Prime for Shudder and many of those are on Netflix and even YouTube. If that's their full selection then that's shite.

Yeah much like all the Amazon channels there is only a couple 100 titles much like Arrow. It's basically get the free trial then watch what you want. Maybe then sign up for a month when they put more stuff up. It's not like Netflix or Prime where there's a ton of shit. Then unsub asap.

Edited by DEF

This is a decent thread that I've read and to be honest I'm not a big Horror fan, and it's a genre I usually avoid. Having said that, I love Us and Get Out. Is there anything else out there similar that I would like, or just smart horror films in general? Keen to expand my horror horizons. Not a love of slasher or gore so none of that. Cheers

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This is a decent thread that I've read and to be honest I'm not a big Horror fan, and it's a genre I usually avoid. Having said that, I love Us and Get Out. Is there anything else out there similar that I would like, or just smart horror films in general? Keen to expand my horror horizons. Not a love of slasher or gore so none of that. Cheers

A Quiet Place should tick those boxes

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Define 'smart'?

1 minute ago, DEF said:

Define 'smart'?

Maybe smart is the wrong word. I like the aforementioned films, and as Scorch recommended, A Quiet Place, I've seen that and enjoyed it. I suppose I mean psychological thriller/horrors rather than slash/gore titles.

I'm well aware that there are plenty of smart slasher/jump scare/gore horrors, they're just not my cup of tea that's all.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Maybe smart is the wrong word. I like the aforementioned films, and as Scorch recommended, A Quiet Place, I've seen that and enjoyed it. I suppose I mean psychological thriller/horrors rather than slash/gore titles.

I'm well aware that there are plenty of smart slasher/jump scare/gore horrors, they're just not my cup of tea that's all.

The Babadook is highly rated. I didn’t think it was that scary. Obviously The Shining and Doctor Sleep fall into that category as well. Krampus maybe? And Trick R Treat as well

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Pontypool is wonderful. 

I mean Black Christmas was mentioned a page ago which is absolutely a slasher film buy also some of the best psychological suspense you will ever see.