All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

14 hours ago, DEF said:

Nah you are safe with the 88Films version of intruder. It's fully uncut and will be a damn sight cheaper for you to get. There is a longer work print version which is VHS quality. It was on a separate dvd-r disc bundled with Synapse initial release but that was about 10 years ago and was only available from their website. It would cost you a fortune. 88's and Synapse have the full Directors Cut.

Just checked again, the 88Films Blu Ray has an 83 minute run time, the Synapse comes in at 88 minutes.
I watched Intruder last weekend for the first time on Shudder, and whilst good, was heavily edited, and that was the 83 minute cut. :)

Edited by TheSurgeon

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Is Intruder that one set in the supermarket? Pretty fun slasher, that.

That's the one, Bruce Campbell's name is on the cover, and he's in it for all of 2 minutes, if that :)

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, TheSurgeon said:

Just checked again, the 88Films Blu Ray has an 83 minute run time, the Synapse comes in at 88 minutes.
I watched Intruder last weekend for the first time on Shudder, and whilst good, was heavily edited, and that was the 83 minute cut. :)

Ahh right they put out the theatrical cut then. I checked on melonfarmers and the bbfc site saw that it was passed with no cuts and presumed they put out the Directors Cut. Very odd decision to do that. It would have no problem at the BBFC and its ace. I've got the Synapse disc myself.

16 hours ago, DEF said:

I have the Dawn Of The Dead slipcover limited edition but never got round to getting Day. Which bugs the crap out of me because that's the one I most fancy watching now.

CEX is worth checking out every now and then , I went in once and saw two copies of Day, so got them both :) (I already had it)

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Why would you buy two copies of a film you already have?

Why would I buy two cheapish copies of a fairly rare blu ray, that will undoubtedly increase in value as time goes by?
Pass.

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The important phrase there is "fairly rare". And it's Day of the Dead, not exactly a rare film.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Day-Of-The-Dead-Blu-ray-25th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Arrow-Video/174112887271?hash=item2889efd1e7:g:uekAAOSwXSZd5APe

Rare/fairly rare, doesn't matter. I knew their worth, and bought them :)

• Paid Members

Oh christ! I take it all back then, fair play.

Reminds me of the time I was having a clearout of CDs and I stuck some Coldplay EP that I got in a 20 quid joblot on eBay. Checked on it after a few days and it was on £55.

11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Oh christ! I take it all back then, fair play.

Reminds me of the time I was having a clearout of CDs and I stuck some Coldplay EP that I got in a 20 quid joblot on eBay. Checked on it after a few days and it was on £55.

you see, we're on the same page.

• Paid Members

I've done some more digging as I could have sworn that I read that the 88 Films release of Intruder was the Directors Cut when it was released.

Apparently they incorrectly put the 83 minute run time on the back of the case and it is in fact the 88 minute DC. So buy away amigo.

http://dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=19482

• Paid Members

They did accidentally issue the unrated Intruder, then recalled them very quickly.  Hollyhedge Video in Wythenshawe kept there’s though.  You could get anything there.

• Paid Members

I've been catching up on some stuff that I should have seen decades ago this week.

Poltergeist II The Other Side - A fun sequel that plays like a barmy and nonsensical adventure. The creepy as hell Kane character is a lot of fun. It's not a patch on the original but it does do well to have the same adventure feel. Even if it makes little to no sense.

The Amityville Horror - The Simpsons did it better. Ok that's not true but it does feel incredibly bloated and derivative of The Shining. If it was half an hour shorter it would have been far better paced.

Rawhead Rex - Just got done with this and freaking loved it. I had no idea it was based on a Clive Barker story despite reading load of people begging for it to be released on Blu-ray for years. Really silly rubber monster movie played wonderfully straight. Right up my street but daft as hell. 

Edited by DEF

On 12/3/2019 at 6:26 PM, DEF said:

I've done some more digging as I could have sworn that I read that the 88 Films release of Intruder was the Directors Cut when it was released.

Apparently they incorrectly put the 83 minute run time on the back of the case and it is in fact the 88 minute DC. So buy away amigo.

http://dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=19482

took a chance and bought it from HMV last night, it's the uncut version :)
Thanks @DEF