All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

Had a search and couldn't find anything like this.

With Halloween fast approaching, I thought I'd start this thread.

Any horror fans on here?

What horror films have you recently seen, or are looking forward to?

Favourite horror TV shows? -
The Walking Dead, Creepshow, American Horror Story, Dexter, The Strain?

Have you been to a horror convention?
For The Love Of Horror, Walker Stalker, HorrorCon, Weekend Of The Dead?

Favourite Genre?
Slasher, Zombie, True Life, Werewolves, Vampire?

What horror podcasts do you listen to?

I recently went to 'For The Love Of Horror' in Manchester, which was great.
The guests included Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith and Costas Mandylor from the SAW franchise, Bill lMoseley, Kane Hodder, and a Lost Boys reunion.

For_The_Love_of_Horror_2087785091.jpg&ac

Edited by TheSurgeon

Good idea for a thread. I recently went to Frightmare in the Falls, in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was a great convention. I met Bill Moseley, Michael Berryman, Kane Hodder, Ari Lehman, William Forsythe, and Miko Hughes.

The vibe at North American conventions is certainly different. Throw in the legalisation of weed here and it made for an interested time!

31 minutes ago, David said:

Good idea for a thread. I recently went to Frightmare in the Falls, in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was a great convention. I met Bill Moseley, Michael Berryman, Kane Hodder, Ari Lehman, William Forsythe, and Miko Hughes.

The vibe at North American conventions is certainly different. Throw in the legalisation of weed here and it made for an interested time!

Nice, speaking of Bill Moseley, have you seen '3 From Hell'?

• Paid Members

I was really into House of a thousand corpses and Devils rejects but I hate every Rob zombie film after those TBH, barely interested in seeing the new one. 

Some good horrors around at the moment, I like the current crop of weird, semi funny ones like Get Out, Ma, Happy Death Day (abysmal sequel though, sorry Dev) Ready or Not, Mom and Dad etc. I thought Us was shit though.

10 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I was really into House of a thousand corpses and Devils rejects but I hate every Rob zombie film after those TBH, barely interested in seeing the new one.

I'm not a fan of Zombie's stuff all that much either beyond the movies you mentioned there, but the latest one is a must-see simply because it has a stellar cast like the other two. Obviously Sid Haig had limited screen time, but they drafted in Richard Brake, who's an awesome actor and a good replacement, and you've obviously got Bill Moseley doing his thing which is always good.

Without giving anything away really, 3 From Hell is what Evil Dead 2 is to Evil Dead, basically a rehash of the same film.

Probably in a minority here, but I enjoy Rob Zombie films, I liked Lords Of Salem and 31, and the Halloween remake(s).

1 hour ago, David said:

31 was good, with Richard Brake stealing the show in my opinion. 

Rob Zombie films have good soundtracks for the most part too.

The closing minutes of 31, with Richard Brake and Sherri Moon Zombie to the tune of Aerosmiths 'Dream On' is great, as is the ending to The Devil's Rejects with the epic Lynyrd Skynrd - 'Freebird' showdown.

I can't listen to either track now without thinking of these films :)

I was a huge horror fan, and then spent 2 years working on a horror video game and got totally burnt out on the genre.  So I'm wildly out of date with horror films now.  Having said that, I did go and see the screener for In Fabric back in June and thought it was utterly tremendous.  And I'm definitely interested in catching up with Us as Get Out was utterly great.  So I'm starting to get back into the horror thing  :)

I love a good slasher... The Burning being my absolute favourite.. Classic hammer horror.. Or anything from the 80s.. It must stem from my time after school I would spend looking at all the horror VHS cases in my local video store. I'm in a quest to see at the video nasties from that time. Most... Are shockingly bad.. 😅

Edited by King of Hamptons