All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

Evil Dead Extended Cut.

Evil Dead is up there as one of my favourite horror remakes but I honestly can't really recommend the extended cut. It's not that it's bad but that it doesn't really add anything worthwhile.

If you've seen the original cut then there's no real need to bother getting the extended cut.

We'd probably never have even heard of it if it wasn't aired by mistake a while back.

Edit.

As much as I like Evil Dead though that opening is imo one of the most unnecessary openings I've ever seen. Would have been much better if it simply started with the characters arriving at the Cabin.

Edited by The King Of Swing

I re-watched Us before the end of the year and loved it just as much second time. The score is fantastic and Lyputa Nyong'o's performance is the best I saw all year. 

Also watched Greta on New Year's Eve which is not exactly horror but directed by Neil Jordan (Interview With The Vampire). It's decent and involves one brilliantly gory moment.

Picked up Cult of Chucky in tne HMV sale which is the only Chucky film I'm yet to see. 

Another horror documentary has just been released, called 'In Search Of Darkness', dedicated to 80's horror.

I've only watched the first hour or so, and it's got a 4hr 20 minute runtime. It goes through the decade chronologically, with a brief review of key films, and interviews with Barbara Crampton, Tom Atkins, John Carpenter, Nick Castle, Doug Bradley, and many more.

Really good if that's your bag.

MV5BYTZiMDRkZGUtZDJjNi00NDlkLTg2MzctOWIx

• Paid Members

My mate went to the Premier of the Action Hero one and he loved it and he's as big an action movie fan as Matrix is. I can't wait to see both of them.

I love film docs going back to the early days of DVD special features. The doc on editing on the Bullet DVD is worth buying even more than the film. Sadly most mainstream special features on blus are painfully average these days it's only the boutique labels that put any effort in. 

I've been watching Eli Roth's History of Horror on Shudder this last week and it's worth a watch but it's not exactly telling me anything I didn't already know. They make some weird leaps to try and wedge films they want to talk about into sub genres they are doing episodes on.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Just discovered that Arrow have a subscription channel on Amazon Prime for £4.99 a month with a 7 day free trial. Looks loaded with horror as well as other stuff.

Layout is shit (on PS4 anyway) but I can live with that for the price.

Yeah it's great for the free trial. I'd also recommend the Shudder free trial for a bunch of stuff not on the Arrow channel. Including the tremendous Horror Noir documentary.