All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

Perhaps not technically proper horror, but I'm getting stuck into the three-part adaptation of The Shining tonight. I've recently watched the Kubrick movie, which is awesome, but the three-part series is closer to the book in my opinion.

Not seen it in years, so I'm looking forward to it.

I've been meaning to give it a rewatch for a while. It's definitely not a classic but I've got a lot of time for it. But ever since someone pointed Danny's Napoleon Dynamite mouth it's been a big distraction.

Me and the girlfriend watched The Invisible Man remake last night, more of a reimagined then a remake. But it was very good!! 

Loved the framing of shots, spent most of the film trying to spot where exactly he is in those scenes.  Not sure why it was a 18 though.. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

Me and the girlfriend watched The Invisible Man remake last night, more of a reimagined then a remake. But it was very good!! 

Loved the framing of shots, spent most of the film trying to spot where exactly he is in those scenes.  Not sure why it was a 18 though.. 

It's something to do with the deleted scenes, I think. The main film was a 15.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, TheSurgeon said:

Terrifier 2 trailer dropped a few days ago.

Any fans of the original?

I only watched Terrifier for the first time last week. Absolutely loved it. It's got one of the most memorable kills in years imo and a tremendously dark sense of humour that really tickled me. I also highly recommend Art The Clown's first film appearance All Hallows Eve. It's a anthology film that is more hit than miss and Art's bits are great.

38 minutes ago, DEF said:

I only watched Terrifier for the first time last week. Absolutely loved it. It's got one of the most memorable kills in years imo and a tremendously dark sense of humour that really tickled me. I also highly recommend Art The Clown's first film appearance All Hallows Eve. It's a anthology film that is more hit than miss and Art's bits are great.

Yeah, I liked the Art story in All Hallows Eve.

Terrifier is just a good 80's throwback slasher :)

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

The Horror Channel is fucking shit, isn't it? Just went through the week's schedule to see if there's anything decent on ahead of Halloween and aside from the odd Tremors film, there isn't. The usual showing of shitty Hostel and a bunch of shite that even Shudder won't put in their library. How long's that channel been going now, and why haven't they ever been able to get their hands on some decent stuff?

Did anyone watch Ju-On Origins? The new-ish TV show set before the Ju-On/Grudge movies.

It's less spooky ghosts and more human but fuck does it take a distressing and edgier route than the films, it seems to have divided opinion because it's so different but it's far more my style than the original that seemed to just want to cash in on the popularity of Ringu.

Oh, and I watched Bly Manor... cheesy as hell and some of the worst accents/acting I've seen in a while, it was enjoyable but probably for the wrong reasons.

Edited by Merzbow