All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

• Paid Members

Is there really that much name value in the Wrong Turn franchise to justify rebooting it? It just seems like such an odd franchise to reboot. They could've made the exact same film and just called it something different and nobody would've batted an eyelid. It's not like the lost in the woods genre is original to this series.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Is there really that much name value in the Wrong Turn franchise to justify rebooting it? It just seems like such an odd franchise to reboot. They could've made the exact same film and just called it something different and nobody would've batted an eyelid. It's not like the lost in the woods genre is original to this series.

Well that's the thing. The original was a minor box office success at best. The rest went straight to video, I think. Nobody outside of horror fans has heard of or cares about these films and neither should they because they're all shit, even the first two which are quite enjoyable.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Lorne Malvo said:

The second one is the one with Henry Rollins and the reality tv-show angle, isn't it?

Yeah, it's a good laugh. The director, Joe Lynch, has since made Mayhem, which is great stuff. He also made Everly, which is an absolute disgrace.

• Paid Members
On 2/9/2021 at 4:20 PM, Boycie said:

If anyone here is a Shudder subscriber then I would strongly recommend In Search of Darkness, a documentary on 80's Horror. At just over 4 hours, it covers a lot of ground. Dozens of films are covered, some well known, some not so much. Talking heads include John Carpenter, Stuart Gordon, Joe Dante and Larry Cohen. 

Not sure how or why but there's now a sequel to this doing the rounds. Just as lengthy but I'll be giving it a look this week.

• Paid Members
On 2/19/2021 at 12:30 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

Well that's the thing. The original was a minor box office success at best. The rest went straight to video, I think. Nobody outside of horror fans has heard of or cares about these films and neither should they because they're all shit, even the first two which are quite enjoyable.

Which one is it that has the weird blurred out wall of photos because they decided to use photos of real missing people, like idiots. That was a very odd moment when I watched it.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Not sure how or why but there's now a sequel to this doing the rounds. Just as lengthy but I'll be giving it a look this week.

I'll be waiting for it to turn up on Shudder. It's ludicrously expensive when it's occasionally available on their site (and I couldn't easily watch it on my TV when I bought the last one).