All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, TheSurgeon said:

Who has seen Malignant?

Loathed it. Wound me right up in the cinema.

I'd have had fewer issues with the inherent silliness of it if they hadn't set it up by using subject matter like miscarriage and abuse in the first half. I'm not saying these subjects can't be used in horror, but I think they should be used sparingly and/or respectfully. Totally fine with silly, and going ridiculously over-the-top, but I found it a really uncomfortable and jarring switch as a result.

Would like to know the reasoning behind calling it Scream. You already have the film and the TV series and this isn't a reboot but a continuation of the existing story. Baffles. 

Anyone bothered checking out the new Chucky TV series? I've read mixed things, but I've always had a soft spot for the Child's Play films from when I was younger and thought the last two (Mancini) films were good fun, so will probably give this a watch. 

20 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Would like to know the reasoning behind calling it Scream. You already have the film and the TV series and this isn't a reboot but a continuation of the existing story. Baffles.

It's a continuation of the movie series, but it's a reboot, they're rebooting it for a new generation, and whilst they have 3 of the original main cast, I think it's centered on a new 'Sidney' 

36 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Why wasn't the new Scream called 5cream? I hate they have called it 'Scream' when it's clearly a continuation of the series.

I find it a bit weird when they do this. Same with Halloween (2018). It makes them look like a remake

Isn’t it just down to being recognised titles and brands? 

Speaking of Halloween, we continued working our way through them ahead of Halloween Kills by getting the two Rob Zombie movies out of the way.

The first one was the better of the two, closer to being a straight up remake but with additional origin story nonsense, but Christ almighty that second one was fucking horrendous even by Zombie’s low standards. 
“Myers has this iconic, instantly recognisable look to him. So how about, right, get this...he spends 90% of his screen time wearing a big biker jacket & hoodie with his hood up”

Ten down, one to go. I did see Halloween (2018) at the time and seem to remember enjoying it, so that’s at least a minor bonus.

9 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Speaking of Halloween, we continued working our way through them ahead of Halloween Kills by getting the two Rob Zombie movies out of the way.

I got them out of the way by ignoring them. Absolute hack. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Absolute hack. 

That’s putting it generously. The second one is particularly awful, made only tolerable by Malcolm McDowell hamming it up for the pay day.

I’m surprised that Rob’s wife hasn’t tried to convince him to just go Director full-time seen as it seems to be the only work she can get

8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That’s putting it generously. The second one is particularly awful, made only tolerable by Malcolm McDowell hamming it up for the pay day.

I’m surprised that Rob’s wife hasn’t tried to convince him to just go Director full-time seen as it seems to be the only work she can get

I like the Rob Zombie Halloween films, and from the reviews that I've read, it's generally the second that is favoured.

You'll be glad to know that Sherri is playing Lily Munster in the upcoming The Munsters film, directed by Rob Zombie.

Edited by TheSurgeon

16 minutes ago, TheSurgeon said:

I like the Rob Zombie Halloween films, and from the reviews that I've read, it's generally the second that is favoured.

The first one opened with Young Michael listening to ‘God of Thunder’, and all I wanted from then on was a ‘KISS Meets Michael Myers’ Scooby Doo style caper, which would’ve been infinitely better than either film.

Edited by WyattSheepMask