Supremo

• Paid Members

Sorry to be the stuck record, but that Ziggler/Goldberg piece was some of the best wrestling TV I've seen in a long time. Ziggler made Bill look like a million Saudi Dollars from the spear bumps and the mic work. Fantastic effort all round that had me grinning from ear to ear. 

Wyatts entrance really felt like one of those big time moments we'll see in future video packages down the road. An absolute home run. Terrifying too. 

• Paid Members

Ziggler was great. From the moment his annoying theme hit and he walked out looking like the smuggest motherfucker in those beautiful tights with that dreadful denim jacket, he was superb. He cut another good promo, set Goldberg up perfectly for the tap in, took that first spear like a champ and then was hilarious in the post match stuff.

This is the best Ziggler.

Does no one else think Ziggler’s bump off the last spear was a bit of a HBK-versus-Hogan oversell jobby?

Rolled right through on to his feet before hitting the deck. Thought that was a bit of a wink at the unwashed anti-Goldberg bedwetters on Reddit.

2 hours ago, Pinc said:

Does no one else think Ziggler’s bump off the last spear was a bit of a HBK-versus-Hogan oversell jobby?

Rolled right through on to his feet before hitting the deck. Thought that was a bit of a wink at the unwashed anti-Goldberg bedwetters on Reddit.

It had to be like that. No point coming back for another one and it looking crap compared to the first two.

• Paid Members

I thought this was a really fun show - not overly long, and nothing egregiously bad, with some genuinely good stuff in there. But, while I'm not after Russo swerves, there wasn't a single surprise, or anything that made me think, "I'd better watch the next show to see where this goes". It all felt completely self-contained.

I don't understand why Reigns wasn't on the card. If they knew they were keeping him off, why did they not have either of the two attacks on him actually have any consequence, and put blame on them for writing him out? Rather than him just not showing up without explanation. God forbid we have any dramatic tension around here.

Best Dolph Ziggler match in years, it's nice to see him showing some self-awareness. Really channeling WCW Chris Jericho in his post-match promo. Ranting about how he can't be kept down while literally lying on his back was great. Goldberg's great, and this is the best way to use him - long may it continue.

Main event was great, but don't see the point of it all. Rollins had his conclusive, cathartic "he can beat Brock Lesnar" moment at Wrestlemania, only to lose the belt to him at the first opportunity, look like an idiot for a couple of months, then win it back with less fanfare behind it. Before he won here, I was half convinced that the past few months have been a conscious effort to emasculate Rollins, based on how he was booked around Lynch, and how frequently he got absolutely fucked up by Lesnar. Now I think that Wrestlemania 30 absolutely broke WWE's concept of how to book a babyface, and they now think that getting made to look "held down" and getting beaten up at every turn will win them sympathy - but that worked for Daniel Bryan because he's one of the most inherently likable guys in the business, while Seth Rollins is emphatically not that guy.

I haven’t watched the weekly shows for months so I think that’s why I quite enjoyed that.

Some thoughts: Kevin Owens was the stand out star on this show. Corey Graves is still awful. The Front Row Guy is really growing into his beard. Bet his mate in the lime green t-shirt stinks. Why was Gallows face painted? Why wasn’t Roman, Joe or Bryan on the show?

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't understand why Reigns wasn't on the card. 

Hopefully because - and the last couple of weeks of TV have indicated this as well - they’re not going to shoehorn every top guy into every PPV anymore. A big reason everyone is overexposed is how frequently and pointlessly they’re used, working on (and spending a month lazily building to) a six hour PPV that nobody cares about.

The PPV events are less important now than they’ve ever been, and less important than the TV shows, so I’d be more than glad to see more shows like this. The next PPV is all title matches, so then the one after that, I’d love to see Reigns vs Bryan. At that point, two of the top names wrestling on PPV for the first time in a few months, it’ll seem a bigger deal. 

• Paid Members

Fair play to them. For the second straight month they massively over-delivered on pay per view.

The Fiend is the greatest thing they've done in years. Phenomenal production, incredible look, perfect squash. I'd be delighted to see him as champion in the next six months. This is the first time in ages they've got something that feels as good a character as Mankind, The Undertaker or Kane. A spooky, scary bloke that doesn't feel hokey or daft. That mask is going to make them a tonne of money, too. That final shot of Bray after the match, with the camera creepily moving towards him as he looks backwards, with the strobe light going off? Some of the best cinematography they've ever done. That would've scared the shit out of me as a kid. Complete home run. All the credit in the world to Bray for this. Like has already been mentioned, I'd love an @Astro Hollywood piece on it.

And speaking of home runs, Goldberg vs. Dolph is up there for my Match of the Year. Perfect use of both guys. I see no reason why they can't do this with Goldberg every few months until the end of time. Bloody hell though. What a waste making that absolute melt Universal Champion again! Who could possibly want Seth as champ when you've got the potential for another brilliant Goldberg vs. Brock feud down the line?!

Brock Lesnar is the best. Anyone still being worked into thinking he's anything less than fucking brilliant is a moron at this point.

Over in 3 and a half hours, too? Tremendous.

• Paid Members

They've edited out the Severed Head lantern on the repeats. Ah well, was grand while it lasted. 

On another note, that roar from the crowd when Wyatt gets in the ring and faces the hard cam during his entrance, was the biggest hair on the necker backer stander upper I've got from wrestling in a long time. 

Edited by Scott Malbranque