Supremo

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

You and @Scott Malbranque are both so wrong it beggars belief.

Marilyn Manson's version is better than this? Really?

Madness.

I have my reason, Butcher.

My head knows I'm wrong and I half admit that, but it's to do with something I was on the receiving end of - while Manson's song was playing - from someone who was on the telly. 

I'm an emotional, sentimental old chap and the resurfacing of a moment that makes me go "Merciful hour of bejays, that actually happened" because of a song is what triggers the illogical side to my choices and likes.

Same reason I think Liberty X's version of Ain't Nobody is better than the original. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

My head knows I'm wrong and I half admit that, but it's to do with something I was on the receiving end of - while Manson's song was playing - from someone who was on the telly. 

Can I have a guess? Was it Marc Almond? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

It's a shite cover, horribly produced. He adds nothing interesting to the Soft Cell version, which is fantastic. I liked his version of Sweet Dreams, but you can't pull the same trick twice. 

Didn't he do a version of Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode as well? Not a patch on Johnny Cash's version. 

Cash's version is a three minute sleeping tablet. I was firmly on the Hurt bandwagon - despite the original still being better - but the Personal Jesus cover is just a croaky, so-so jukebox rendition, beguiled into something else by the whole "isn't he lovely and dying!" sentimentality. It's a half decent blues song, but the sleazy leather Kraftwerk vibe Depeche gave it is what makes it a world beater. 

I've stepped in it there, haven't I. 

• Moderators
On 8/12/2019 at 5:55 PM, Scott Malbranque said:

Timed well with the release of Slipknots new album and their rise back to prominence in the mainstream.

But yeah, I really loved that entrance and the interpretation of the theme, but then, I also think Marilyn Mansons' version of Tainted Love shites all over the original, so I wouldn't ever listen to me about anything.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

It's a cracking version, so I am with you on that.

I loved the original version, but this update fits the new Fiend to a T, so I am all on board for it