Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Walkers Max Double Crunch are arguably too crunchy. I'm trying to watch the Michelle Wolf stand up special and I can't hear it over the din of my own chomping.

Put the subtitles on.

• Paid Members
On 3/21/2020 at 11:05 PM, BrodyGraham said:

Walkers Max Double Crunch are arguably too crunchy. I'm trying to watch the Michelle Wolf stand up special and I can't hear it over the din of my own chomping.

the BBQ ones taste great though!

I've never understood chicken crisps.  Chicken has very little flavour, which is why it's such a good base for complex cooking recipes and sauces.  Why would you want to eat bland crisps?  Even basic ready salted are nicer, you can taste the potato.

• Paid Members
On 3/9/2020 at 4:21 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’m sure many of you have had these, but these are a billion times better than Wotsits, Cheetos and anything similar. 
Bigger, with a mountain of fake cheese flavour. Drowned in artificial goodness. Two big bags for a quid too.

4AA72041-8798-4871-A103-D6273ED1F676.jpeg

Well, I stand corrected.

Happy Shopper have decided to change their entire approach and formula to making Cheese Puffs. The absolute joy that I posted about above (large pieces with a dramatic fake cheese tang) has now been replaced by generic sized pieces, with an underwhelming flavour, making them taste the same as other fake Wotsits.

I finished off the remaining 4 bags from the corner shop last week. Delightful, as ever. However, I went in today to pick up the essentials including the typical 4 bags of Cheese Puffs. I pulled apart the top of the first bag and to my horror, the change was noticeable before I’d even finished opening them. I ate them all to make sure. I’ve now eaten 3 of the 4 bags to confirm my nightmare and well, it clearly wasn’t a random rogue bag. They have properly changed. 

Distraught is an understatement. I’ll be writing a strongly worded letter to Happy Shit heads up on completion of the 4th bag. The bastards. 

01673ED5-260A-41E3-B31E-6A6680A66856.jpeg