Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

Where are these from?

They tend to pop up at the larger minimarkets or Polski sklep around London. If others have found the pretzel piece ones elsewhere, I'm sure there's a chance of finding them too. 

25 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Just a reminder, Pretzels are not made of potato, nor are they classed as Crisps. These are snacks. 

and the buffalo wings are the ones

Wotsits and Skips aren't made from potato either. 

• Paid Members

Just saying. I didn’t name the thread. But pretzels aren’t crisps. I we going to allow Dry Roasted Peanut talk in here as well, as that’s the aisle pretzels belong in. (Also Snyder are usually found in the US food section)

@Devon Malcolm rich coming from the person who picks people up the most for discussing things in the wrong place. I’m honoured 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Just saying. I didn’t name the thread. But pretzels aren’t crisps. I we going to allow Dry Roasted Peanut talk in here as well, as that’s the aisle pretzels belong in. (Also Snyder are usually found in the US food section)

@Devon Malcolm rich coming from the person who picks people up the most for discussing things in the wrong place. I’m honoured 

People have been discussing non-potato snacks in this thread almost since it started. Why do you suddenly care after 12 pages, especially when nobody else does.

B&M and a local pound shop always seems to have Brannigans Beef and Mustard. As much as I like them the ham ones are my favourite. Could eat 6 packs in one go. Unfortunately I haven't spotted the ham ones for a few months. I've never seen the lamb and mint anywhere so don't know what they were like

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

People have been discussing non-potato snacks in this thread almost since it started. Why do you suddenly care after 12 pages, especially when nobody else does.

You’re right. I guess I accept corn based snacks as crisps but pretzels are where I draw the line. 

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Had a look. ÂŁ14 for 10 packs of 60g bags... bit rich for my liking.

If it was the 125g bags I might have gone for it for the good of the forum.

Tesco’s, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s all advertising them for £1.30 a bag. I often seen them, but all the supermarkets round here are big ones so may not be the case if your locals are smaller. World food aisle is your best bet. 

• Paid Members

My Mum gets the Jalapeno pretzel pieces in for the pub sometimes. They're  nice. She's started selling those Piper's crisps as well instead of the Walkers.  They're nice. I'd  recommend the chorizo flavour.  The Jalapeno and dill flavour are quite nice as well. 

https://www.piperscrisps.com/

36 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Tesco’s, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s all advertising them for £1.30 a bag. I often seen them, but all the supermarkets round here are big ones so may not be the case if your locals are smaller. World food aisle is your best bet

Talking about the Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Sandwiches.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My Mum gets the Jalapeno pretzel pieces in for the pub sometimes. They're  nice. She's started selling those Piper's crisps as well instead of the Walkers.  They're nice. I'd  recommend the chorizo flavour.  The Jalapeno and dill flavour are quite nice as well. 

https://www.piperscrisps.com/

The story behind Piper’s Crisps is really interesting. They had left powerful position jobs in London in the stock market I think, to become farmers. They also used to employ people who were burnt out from the stress of working in the financial markets to move down to work on the farm. I always smile when I see them available as they are strict on where they are sold. They don’t want them available for children to buy. They are passionate about them being an adult snack.

We got the owner to appear as a guest on an episode of Ready Steady Cook back in my TV days.