Sign in to follow this  
TheToeSucker

Best crisps?

23 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Can get them off Amazon if all else fails.

Had a look. ÂŁ14 for 10 packs of 60g bags... bit rich for my liking.

If it was the 125g bags I might have gone for it for the good of the forum.

38 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

People have been discussing non-potato snacks in this thread almost since it started. Why do you suddenly care after 12 pages, especially when nobody else does.

You’re right. I guess I accept corn based snacks as crisps but pretzels are where I draw the line. 

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Tesco’s, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s all advertising them for £1.30 a bag. I often seen them, but all the supermarkets round here are big ones so may not be the case if your locals are smaller. World food aisle is your best bet. 

My Mum gets the Jalapeno pretzel pieces in for the pub sometimes. They're  nice. She's started selling those Piper's crisps as well instead of the Walkers.  They're nice. I'd  recommend the chorizo flavour.  The Jalapeno and dill flavour are quite nice as well. 

https://www.piperscrisps.com/

36 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Tesco’s, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s all advertising them for £1.30 a bag. I often seen them, but all the supermarkets round here are big ones so may not be the case if your locals are smaller. World food aisle is your best bet

Talking about the Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Sandwiches.

7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My Mum gets the Jalapeno pretzel pieces in for the pub sometimes. They're  nice. She's started selling those Piper's crisps as well instead of the Walkers.  They're nice. I'd  recommend the chorizo flavour.  The Jalapeno and dill flavour are quite nice as well. 

https://www.piperscrisps.com/

The story behind Piper’s Crisps is really interesting. They had left powerful position jobs in London in the stock market I think, to become farmers. They also used to employ people who were burnt out from the stress of working in the financial markets to move down to work on the farm. I always smile when I see them available as they are strict on where they are sold. They don’t want them available for children to buy. They are passionate about them being an adult snack.

We got the owner to appear as a guest on an episode of Ready Steady Cook back in my TV days.

8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

It's not that bad each considering all of this "import" stuff has a massive price hike. I'm just worried we won't like them.

Found these in One Stop yesterday.

image.png.1496f9950b669b0aeb253c387ac55fc1.png

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

they are strict on where they are sold. They don’t want them available for children to buy. They are passionate about them being an adult snack.

You, or rather they, lost me here. What pretentious bollocks.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

You, or rather they, lost me here. What pretentious bollocks.

Possibly. But they were very particular about where they are sold. I mean, they have been going over 15 years and PepsiCo tried to buy them out. I don’t see it being much difference to Walker Sensations, Burt’s or Kettle in crisp brands who target an older demographic at a more premium price point and a more premium product. 

What a load of fucking nonsense.

They’ll be gutted to know I bought some in a pub last week and my daughters both enjoyed them.

Personally, as a self appointed crisp expert, I think they’re shit.

The reason you can hardly buy Piper's anywhere is because they're shit. They should have stuck to being stockbroker wankers.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

What a load of fucking nonsense.

They’ll be gutted to know I bought some in a pub last week and my daughters both enjoyed them.

Personally, as a self appointed crisp expert, I think they’re shit.

So, SA Crisp Expert, what is the king of luxury crisps?