Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
On 1/22/2020 at 10:45 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

Shit, I forgot about beef Wotsits. They were bloody lovely. Chuffed to hear this.

Asda are selling Flaming Hot, and Sizzling Steak Wotsits in 6 Packs for £1.50 or 3 for £3.50. They sell flaming hot Cheetos 8 bags for £1, so don’t bother with the FH Wotsits, but the steak ones are really nice. Now if they only brought back the Prawn Cocktail ones

• Paid Members
On 1/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, Uncle Zeb said:

What grinds my gears is companies reducing their range of multipacks to a single, mixed flavour assortment.

Stick your variety up your arse. Give me what I want, lots of it, and nothing else.

I was in Morrison’s today and fancied a bag of crisps to go with my sandwich. I didn’t want an average packet of walkers, but fuck me, the options for normal size, single bags of crisps are limited in there.
It’s either a really small, crap selection as part of the meal deal range, big massive multi packs, or big family packs of Doritos etc. Considering the crisp aisle is a long double aisle, why such a terrible range of single bags?
I’ll happily smash a 150g pack of crisps on an evening no bother, but not on my work lunch break in front of Debbie and svelte Steve from accounting. I’ve just started my job for Christ sake. I’m not a greedy bastard Steve, I’m not.

• Paid Members

Asda claim to have multipacks of the beefy & spicy Wotsits in their 3 bags for £3.50 selection. I've not seen any, just the hoardings advertising them. They've probably got them at big Asda, though. 

• Paid Members
On 2/7/2020 at 5:05 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

Asda claim to have multipacks of the beefy & spicy Wotsits in their 3 bags for £3.50 selection. I've not seen any, just the hoardings advertising them. They've probably got them at big Asda, though. 

I’ve seen them in big Asda. You can just about get there and back in an hour. I think this is what you need to spend a lunch hour doing one day.

• Paid Members
On 1/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, Uncle Zeb said:

What grinds my gears is companies reducing their range of multipacks to a single, mixed flavour assortment.

Stick your variety up your arse. Give me what I want, lots of it, and nothing else.

I like it, but sometimes the choice is fruatrating. Like you could always pick up a 6 pack of salt & vinegar chipsticks, but for a pack of the superior ready salted chipsticks you had to buy a variery pack.

...i dont even think they make salted chipsticks anymore.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:45 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

Literally posted about these at the top of this page.

sorry bud, i got excited when i seen them in the shop.

57 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I like it, but sometimes the choice is fruatrating. Like you could always pick up a 6 pack of salt & vinegar chipsticks, but for a pack of the superior ready salted chipsticks you had to buy a variery pack.

...i dont even think they make salted chipsticks anymore.

Travesty if true. Though at the front of my mind when I wrote that post were salt and vinegar Discos, and yesterday I found them in their own dedicated multipacks again, so thank you to whoever at KP has been reading this thread.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

I’ve seen them in big Asda. You can just about get there and back in an hour. I think this is what you need to spend a lunch hour doing one day.

An hour? I don't have that luxury. I'll have to take a left on my way home one afternoon.