The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

This won't suddenly be brilliant out of the gate. They'll make loads of mistakes. Some of it will be shit. That doesn't bother me so much. I've spent the last 15 years getting what I can out of it so it will be no different to how I've viewed WWE or TNA or WWECW or NXT over that time. I'm hoping the good outweighs the bad initially and they get into their stride and produce a product that is well supported enough to be sustainable and creates some real stars.

That's the number one thing I miss in wrestling. Real stars I want to tune in to see every week. Not had that for too long.

Absolutely. I think they've been sensible in building up a good reputation with these first few shows, and I hope they can carry on that momentum initially with their weekly show. Is every week going to be good? Hell no. It's just not possible. You get middling to bad episodes of EVERY show, whether it's wrestling or soaps or whatever else. Even the best series in the world have the occasional disappointing episode.

What I hope is that they manage to work out what they want to be, and that they're able to be consistent in some way. It needs to be a decent product that manages to get people coming back each week and they can build on that.

It's not unusual for any type of series to take a year or two to really find their footing. It gives the writers an opportunity to learn their own characters, what works and what doesn't, and gauge audience reaction too. Obviously there's a fine line between bending over backwards to please the fans and genuinely listening to feedback. Shows like Sherlock have bowed to fan service and ended up looking like fan fiction. We need AEW to use the talent they have, many of which have incredible knowledge of the industry, and also have an interest in what their fans want without letting the lunatics run the asylum.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Louch said:

They were at a tv event and a magazine asked for a group picture. No need to over think it or tear it apart for pages on end 

I wouldn't have thought it'd take a long time to tear apart a magazine's pages

• Paid Members
On 7/24/2019 at 9:12 PM, Supremo said:

2CB6F3D2-B62D-4DF1-B8DB-ADEAB1DCC471.thumb.jpeg.230acf461630287ed54465bc8c4ca680.jpeg

Big fan of them putting Jungle Boy front and centre for the TV Guide photoshoot. 

Cody Rhodes really pushing for that Powder remake lead, I see.

• Paid Members

What scope of financial/legal troubles would there be if the mystery partners were The Revival? Is is something that the Khan's could just soak up or would it be dragged through courts and the like?

Not that I actually believe it is The Revival, as it's most probably the Lucha Bros. But still...

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

What are LAX up to these days? Are they definitely done with Impact now? They'd probably be the top team I'd look to get in if so.

Done with Impact, interest from both AEW and WWE. They're working PROGRESS next month, so definitely on WWE's radar. 

18 minutes ago, Sexy Dad said:

You'd have to imagine that PAC is in the running for the six man. Potentially a bitter Marty Scurll if his contract is up early enough this year. 

Do we know if PAC's visa issues have been cleared up?

I can't recall seeing anything regarding his visa but The Bucks did mention how they want him to be a part of AEW during an interview with Chris Van Vliet in the past couple of weeks. I suppose it's a case of when that can become a reality. 

After recently talking about the main event scene for AEW, sure - they have a few names but that's probably the main thing that is lacking in terms of what they are going to offer right out of the gate. PAC would fill an excellent role - The Bastard is relatively fresh. His promo style, look and overall demeanour would be very welcome. 

• Paid Members

The irony of this coming weeks after In Your House 5 was probably lost on him. He was also shouting about WCW's lack of drug testing around that time only for the WWF to suspend their programme later in '96. Carny Vince is the best.