All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

It's been a real run of shitty answers and responses. Of course some sections will talk about how much he schooled people but near enough every answer and response has been particularly poor even by the low standards he seems to set.

• Paid Members

worst part is that I don't think it was a mistake. It'll get headlines, and people will be outraged, but a lot of the right-wing loons the Tories are banking on being the only people not completely abandoning them come the general election will say, "yeah, but he's not wrong, is he?". Transphobia is all the pricks have got left.

This is the exchange in question. 

Sunak is absolutely right to mention how untrustworthy Starmer is what with his record of broken promises, we do it enough on here ourselves, but the lack of awareness shown really makes it obvious that it’s all just a game to them like they’re at the debating society and scoring points against his opponent to get a cheer from his side. 

I also found it interesting how the odious  Reeves is sat there grinning like she knows which scripted barb is coming but quickly adopts a stern look when she hears what Starmer is saying. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

worst part is that I don't think it was a mistake. It'll get headlines, and people will be outraged, but a lot of the right-wing loons the Tories are banking on being the only people not completely abandoning them come the general election will say, "yeah, but he's not wrong, is he?". Transphobia is all the pricks have got left.

It absolutely wasn't a mistake. It was rehearsed as Starmer's 'inability to define a woman' is the biggest criticism listed from the doorstep. Especially in former Labour, 'red wall' constituencies. Their private polling questionnaires will show this too. They know exactly what they're doing. 

• Paid Members

and it's one for the Labour equivalent of this thread really, but Starmer's fucked it by trying to play the Tories at their own game on transphobia anyway. On one hand trans people hate him and the Labour Party for not doing enough for trans rights, for not censuring vocal transphobes within the party, for dialing back earlier commitments to protecting them, and for cosying up to churches that practice conversion therapy, but on the other hand, throwing them under the bus is hardly going to help him because Tories can still just say "lol what's a woman tho?" and people will still believe that he's cosying up to the evil transes, and the most extreme anti-trans nutters will go on making up conspiracy theories about him having a trans kid. 

Sunak has had the Commons laughing it up about the exact same punchline before. People aren't outraged that he'd say and believe something transphobic, they're outraged that he'd be so impolite to say it in front of an actual human being affected by transphobia in a very real way, rather than waiting to snicker about it behind her back. 

Edited by BomberPat

His comment was genuinely awful, but it won't damage him. I hate to say this, but given the sewer the country is probably in, I think it's likely that it's more likely to win him support, and confirm some people's fear (based on his response) that Starmer is in favour of trans rights. Some people - and I can count people I know to be in this camp - are so radicalised against trans people that they seem to view trans rights as the beginning of the end times. 

But rather than focus on that, I really want to say how genuinely impressive Esther Ghey is. The empathy she's shown to the parents of her daughter's killers and her general demeanour - I'd like to think I'm an empathetic person, but I'm not sure I would be able to behave as she has in a situation like this. She's remarkable. 

21 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Disappointed in my 2003 self for buying her calendar. Think I got it in the New Year Calendar Club sale though, so not too disappointed.

Imagine how my ex must feel after having a Kanye West poster on her wall.

They need to be very careful, the murdered girls dad has been out already saying Sunak should apologise.

I know there's a lot of shitheads in the country, but I think by and large people will take the side of grieving parents over professional politicians.

21 minutes ago, Loki said:

Tories trying desperately to turn Starmer into the bad guy -

It’s not the first time Sunak has used that line but it’s the first time Starmer has said anything back, and he did it when he thought Esther Ghey was in the gallery (she wasn’t). So you can see where that line of attack is coming from.  Doesn’t make it alright of course. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s not the first time Sunak has used that line but it’s the first time Starmer has said anything back, and he did it when he thought Esther Ghey was in the gallery (she wasn’t). 

Yeah, Labour have done very well not getting into 'culture war' arguments as they know they'll lose & its ultimately all the Tories have left. The time when they have risen to it is truly terrible timing from the Government and I suspect (and hope) it'll backfire terribly for them. As Daz said above, most people will side with a grieving parent.

On 2/6/2024 at 11:19 PM, Keith Houchen said:

She is married to billionaire landlord property developer scum, so it’s no shocker. 

Speaking of no shockers, he’s a Tory donor and he has now just switched to Labour.