All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Some real shocks in the rebellion on the Bill Cash amendment. Members of the 1922 Committee voting for the amendment and the MP for the constituency I live in who is generally a government lapdog voted for the amendment defying the government. She is a racist though. 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He looks like a Johnny Knoxville/Spike Jonze character from Jackass.

Barry Humphries on Wish.

Meanwhile...

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, BigJag said:

The Lord's have voted against the Rwanda bill. There's another round of voting to come. 

It's not actually the bill. They've voted to delay ratifying the treaty with Rwanda. But it doesn't have any affect unless the Commons votes the same way.

• Paid Members

Thanks for the clarification. From what I understand. There will be another round of voting by the Lord's, on the ratifying. Ostensibly to allow more Lord's members a chance to cast their vote. Largely due to not all Lord's members being present for the first round of voting. Once this process is completed. Is it at that point that a HOC vote will take place?

I was reading a really horrible news story the other day when it dawned on me that the root cause of what had happened as well as many other things was the Tories. Whether it's cuts to social work budgets, education budgets or privatising the NHS, a lot of the shitty things happening to people can be quite easily traced back to a decision by this government. I know that sounds simplistic to say and probably rather obvious but I don't think a lot of people automatically see the connection and instead are much more likely to blame frontline staff or immigrants if they're handier. It's going to take generations to fix if most of it isn't already beyond repair. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, BigJag said:

Thanks for the clarification. From what I understand. There will be another round of voting by the Lord's, on the ratifying. Ostensibly to allow more Lord's members a chance to cast their vote. Largely due to not all Lord's members being present for the first round of voting. Once this process is completed. Is it at that point that a HOC vote will take place?

The way I'm reading it, the next round of voting in the Lords is on the bill itself. It's slightly complicated as the treaty ratification process is theoretically completely separate and is what happens with all treaties (Lords can issue a recommendation, Commons makes the decision). However, the Rwanda bill includes a clause that says the law doesn't take effect until the treaty is ratified.