Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

I didn’t have an active Network sub, had considered restarting so I could skim through MITB before work tomorrow but after reading that I’m not bothering again, most of the old stuff I’d want to watch I can find on YouTube, I’ll continue to YT the Raw/Smackers highlights and I’ll just continue on streaming PPVs and NXT/NXT UK through other means but with an uneasy feeling. Hoping this AEW show next weekend gives enough to tempt me away from WWE for good, which is hard to say after watching it for practically my whole life

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I cancelled. It's going to hurt me more than them but that's not really the point.

Thanks for leading the way Rick. I've done the same. Been a subscriber since Jan 2015.

• Paid Members

Is the Gary Hart named in the testimony. The same Gary Hart that was in World Class and WCW? The disregard shown by her fellow travellers is unfathomable. How could they just leave her there? Its almost as if something more sinister was going on.

12 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Is the Gary Hart named in the testimony. The same Gary Hart that was in World Class and WCW? The disregard shown by her fellow travellers is unfathomable. How could they just leave her there? Its almost as if something more sinister was going on.

It’s more concerning in the sense that, rather than her being on the trip with a group of uniquely uncaring bastards, this sort of carry-on (the rape part rather than the military drugs stuff) was probably fairly commonplace in wrestling to the point where it wasn’t a big deal to anyone who’d been around the business. It’s like a frat house that moves to a different town every night, with deviants running a closed shop to protect each other so they get away with all sorts. Any interview with Marty Jannetty alone is a big barbershop window into the rape culture in wrestling in the 80s. Before that, there’s the dodgy history of women’s wrestling with all the rape and forced prostitution there. The male wrestlers even used to rape and sexually assault each other into respecting the biz, or just for laughs. Wrestlers would be scared of the Steiner brothers backstage in case they caught you, fucked you up the arse with something and shaved your eyebrows.

Wrestling is such a freak show that something this horrific didn’t even shock them.

• Paid Members

I'd have to give them money in the last 5 years to make any kind of stand, so I cant say I've cancelled a network I've never once paid for. I cant tell you the last time they got my money to be honest. Even the odd DVD I've bought was from CEX. Genuinely cant remember when I last bought something WWE related. I think I gave Alex Shane more money than WWE in the last decade.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Those of you who are cancelling your subscriptions, be sure to Tweet HHH and Stephanie to tell them why.

This only really works if people can shame then into acknowledging the situation.

Aye I just use free trials with different email addresses whenever I feel the urge for the network every few years, won't be doing that anymore even. If I hear something interesting happened on Raw or SD or a PPV I can get the highlights on youtube or the show on watchwrestling or torrent sites etc. Will be seriously hoping AEW do well now too to be honest.

• Paid Members

Sorry to harp on about this, but does anyone else feel really shit about this? Like you've just wanked over a snuff film? This company is fucking horrible.

Someone with more than 3 people following them has tweeted about it thankfully. Still getting ignored by most, though.

9 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Sorry to harp on about this, but does anyone else feel really shit about this? Like you've just wanked over a snuff film? This company is fucking horrible.

Someone with more than 3 people following them has tweeted about it thankfully. Still getting ignored by most, though.

You're not the only one. I've felt really upset about the whole thing since it has been brought to my attention. Ashley's story with WWE needs to be heard. I really hope this gets picked up by many major press outlets.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Those of you who are cancelling your subscriptions, be sure to Tweet HHH and Stephanie to tell them why.

This only really works if people can shame then into acknowledging the situation.

Great point Loki. Have done so. 

I recommend retweeting @Chris B's tweet, it has decent momentum and all the relevant content. 

Haven't really got anything more to add. I've unsubscribed after having the network since it launched. Reading that affidavit turned my stomach, really fucking scummy stuff. A close friend of mine was the victim of a sexual assault. She's around the same age as Ashley Massaro, and it still affects her. I can't imagine how devastating it would be if she couldn't cope anymore and ended up taking her own life. Must be gutting for Ashley's family, especially her daughter. I don't do Twitter or any social media, but I'll happily shoot off an email telling WWE that I won't be giving them a penny more.