Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Sorry to harp on about this, but does anyone else feel really shit about this? Like you've just wanked over a snuff film? This company is fucking horrible.

Yep. The whole story is just horrific. Even more so when you consider the likelyhood that the CTE and addiction problems from her time in WWE are what led to her death.

They can argue that they didn't know the risks of CTE back then but they've got no excuse for putting someone with no training in the ring. They've had "Don't try this at home" warnings on their shows for as long as I can remember. Yet they actively forbid her proper training, even on her own time.

The rape and WWE's.....response to it is just unbelievable, and yet it shouldn't be that surprising. I knew Vince was a weirdo, after all, but it was still extremely jarring that he was so quick to forgive the rape of an employee  independent contractor to protect a business relationship. Same for the rest of the dickheads who didn't see a problem with leaving a young woman alone in fucking Saudi Arabia without a burqa, days after she'd already been raped. How fucking dense can you be? She must've been scared out of her mind and with good reason too.

I cancelled my subscription after Wrestlemania but I was considering renewing. No chance of that happening now.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Thanks for leading the way Rick. I've done the same. Been a subscriber since Jan 2015.

I've paid for it since the first day it was available in the UK without messing with a VPN or anything. Not sure how long that is. I love it too. Particularly when I'm listening to podcasts and they mention things I want to see. 

Don't agree on the loads of alternatives thing. Have said many times that no one else does wrestling I love. Although to be fair, WWE don't really these days. Now praying that AEW is a) watchable and b) Not a bunch of scumbags.

• Paid Members

I've tweeted and everything but have next to no follows. Still though I hope this gets traction because it's absolutely reprehensible. I can't stop thinking about her. So sad and awful.

• Paid Members

WWE apparently released a bunch of stuff to media outlets to protect their arse as soon as she died. Its why you see stuff saying that "she apologised to us in October for the lawsuit" claiming she was ambushed by the lawyer and what not. As soon as they heard, they must have went into damage mode. Absolute cunts.

• Paid Members

I've also put it up on Sunday Nights Main Event Facebook (formally the LAW) hopefully it gets some attention and they talk about on tonights live show. Meltzer is on so I'm hopeful it gets discussed.

A lot of people who have direct contact with WWE or who are under WWE contract are going to be too afraid to say anything about this. Which just adds to how bad this is.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, LCJ said:

A lot of people who have direct contact with WWE or who are under WWE contract are going to be too afraid to say anything about this. Which just adds to how bad this is.

I'd include most wrestling journalists in this. It needs to be picked up by mainstream journalists. This isn't a Meltzer thing.

People have already put my thoughts of disgust into words better than I could so I don't have much to offer to the thread except to say that I hope that this will finally get people to take notice of just how horrid this company is.

Is there a good way of getting the attention of news outlets?

• Paid Members

Meltzer reported on it when it first came out and pretty much shot her down as not being credible because she was a drug user and she didnt report it at the time. This account called him out on it at the time, but nobody else did.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay