Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

• Awards Moderator

Fucking hell, that is dark reading. You have to wonder what it would take for their stance on employee/contractor care to shift. It’ll be Vince snuffing it, to start with. 

Awful content which just makes her passing even more tragic. Horrible.

• Paid Members

Holy shit that's fucked up. Poor women. That's utterly horrific. The injury and pain pill stuff is sort of the kind of stuff you come to expect out of WWE (which is fucked up in itself). But the rape is just just awful. My brain can't even process it properly.

7 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

You have to wonder what it would take for their stance on employee/contractor care to shift. It’ll be Vince snuffing it, to start with.

Yeah, from the bits and pieces that are available online from various sources (much of it will be bullshit of course, but in many cases there's no smoke without fire) it's Vince being in charge that's somewhat holding the company back in many ways. 

You'd hope that Triple H and Stephanie would realise that shit has to change, even if not for the benefit of performers then to protect the company. It's been documented that Vince seems to know or acknowledge very little that goes on in the "real world," which is fair, as many people his age simply don't know what's going on outside their bubble.

But shit like that document that's been posted? It's only a matter of time before a proper shit storm comes down on the company, and when it does we'll see more and more stuff brought to light. If Vince is alive when that eventually happens, fuck knows how he'll react, or how the company will deal with it.

If he's gone? There's going to at least be an element of being able to say "those were different days, there's different people running shit today" and so on, although much of what's been published in that document doesn't show Stephanie in a very positive light.

Edited by David

That bit on the rape has left me cold, the fact that 1) someone in the military had access to a paralysing drug, 2) used it on a weakened young lady and 3) a fellow female was an accomplice to it is sickening. The fact WWE or rather Vince told her to keep stum so as to not ruin the company’s rep with the military is disgusting, and normal human would say screw the rep and blow everything wide open even if it meant no longer being able to do the overseas tour and Tribute shows

8 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The fact WWE or rather Vince told her to keep stum so as to not ruin the company’s rep with the military is disgusting, and normal human would say screw the rep and blow everything wide open even if it meant no longer being able to do the overseas tour and Tribute shows

Well, the reason why Vince wanted it kept quiet are easy to understand. The finances involved in sponsorship and suchlike, and the mental obsession the US has with its military in general means that any company speaking out against it is going to run into a lot of problems.

Also, guys in his position aren't normal human beings for the most part.

• Paid Members

The prevailing wisdom for a long time that Vince is some wacky old man and that it's different because it's wrestling really should be consigned to the dustbin.

He's a deeply unpleasant cunt who, if he were in any other walk of life, we would all be castigating and voting at the top of the twat list every third year.

Edited by Gus Mears

2 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

He's a deeply unpleasant cunt who, if he were in any other walk of life, we would all be castigating and voting at the top of the twat list every third year.

Or, if you were an American, voting for President.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Vince seeing rape the same way he sees someone pulling a hamstring isnt surprising in the least. Christ, that whole thing was grim.

I'm sure I heard somewhere, possibly SCG, he used word for word transcript of his tanning bed allegation on TV for an angle, which says something about him. 

Jesus, that is downright scummy. Even before the rape stuff the fact that she was treated so badly with regards to training and injuries is ridiculous, as is the fact that she had to rely on Medicaid to treat injuries she sustained working for a billion dollar corporation. Fucking hell, what an awful company and absolute shithead Vince actually is.

• Awards Moderator

That is horrific reading. 

I have no emotional connection to Ashley's career. She was one of those interchangeable Divas filling up cards with terrible matches. And now it's painfully obvious why. Being tossed out there with literally no training - I cannot think of anything worse. This business is hazardous enough with training, but to receive moves without any instruction... 

I said I cannot think of anything worse... But that rape is utterly heartbreaking. You think of the dangers of a white woman in the Middle East and yet the threat comes from an American. And WWE do nothing about it. 

We only have her word for it, but doesn't it all just sound so plausible? 

I said I had no emotional connection to Ashley. But she's two months younger than me, with an 18 year old child like me, and to think of leaving them... she had serious issues. Bitterly sad.