CL Punk Posted July 11 Posted July 11 3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Baron Corbin is easily one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen. Just a slow, uncoordinated berk who's too tall for his own brain, absolutely crap as a promo, no personality whatsoever. Always got a reflex "Oh fuck OFF" out of me every time he lumbered out for another boring match to make you wonder what you're doing with your life watching this shit. And they re-signed him. Before he got fired, I always wondered if he had something on Triple H to keep him getting pushed as he's a King of The Ring and Money in The Bank winner. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted July 11 Posted July 11 I was at a pub talking to some mates last night about getting back into work once my mental health improves to a point where I feel comfortable doing so and they recommended basically just bullshitting your way up via a completely made up and put on confidence. Apparently some of the most useless bastards any of them have ever known are out there driving Bentleys to Waitrose because they're simply easy to get on with. I did wonder if it was all as straight forward and depressing as that all sounds and then when I got in I found out Baron Corbin had been rehired. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 11 Awards Moderator Posted July 11 9 minutes ago, CL Punk said: Before he got fired, I always wondered if he had something on Triple H to keep him getting pushed as he's a King of The Ring and Money in The Bank winner. He also retired Kurt Angle at WrestleMania! Quote
CL Punk Posted July 11 Posted July 11 19 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: He also retired Kurt Angle at WrestleMania! Honestly, I forgot about that. I didn't even remember the MITB and KOTR wins until I looked at wikipedia. Quote
BarryOVega Posted July 11 Posted July 11 The only good part of Corbin’s career was when they built him and Bull Dempsey up in NXT with both having winning streaks then Corbin squashed him in their big match to see who was the most dominant, other than that he’s shite Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I'll be absolutely gutted if it turns out after all this time Punk and Cody have the same level of promo chemistry as Punk has in-ring chemistry with Seth Rollins. That was flat as fuck, wasn't it? Tony emerged from behind his sofa during that thinking 'I was worried about that?' I’ve been trying to remember all the other times they’ve interacted with each other on WWE television. I definitely remember it feeling electric. Each time it felt like them borderline bragging that they still had this pairing in their back pocket and hadn’t yet pulled the trigger. It’s remarkable how the segment where they finally pulled the trigger felt so flat and rushed. Zero mojo to be found. I wonder if there’s a collective sense amongst both of them that everything’s a bit fucked and they’ve missed their window. Lest we forget, one of the last times they came together was on Smackdown the night before Wrestlemania, and far from it being a red hot go-home promo it felt more like a, “Pat McAfee’s ruined everything,” support group. I wonder what they say to each other privately. I bet one if not both of them have quietly mumbled how they’d love to be working with MJF right now. On the Baron Corbin front, although I don’t think I ever saw them team myself, streets are saying Corbin and Breakker were a decent team in NXT. Maybe they could reunite now Bron’s proven he’s not ready to be a top singles star. What a life for Austin Theory. So unbelievably shit at absolutely everything that he’s got to worry about Baron Corbin stealing his job. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 11 Posted July 11 I was enjoying Corbin in NXT but the bar was low with him beyond the bum ass stuff. I'm surprised he's been brought back in the US title stuff although Trick's booking has been so weird since Mania that I'm not against him having a straight heel to feud with. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 11 Posted July 11 They need to have Cody become the leader of The Vision just so he can go full Homelander with Austin Theory being his pathetic version of The Deep. Obviously within 2 weeks of doing that just to make me chuckle whilst watching the YouTube highlight reel they can fuck the whole rotten stable off. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted July 12 Paid Members Posted July 12 "Good in NXT" is the "Good in Japan" for wrestlers who started off in the performance centre and never worked the indies. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 12 Paid Members Posted July 12 Pretty easy to be good in NXT when you can practice your match all week I suppose. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted July 12 Paid Members Posted July 12 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Pretty easy to be good in NXT when you can practice your match all week I suppose. Calm down Cornette 😁 Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 12 Paid Members Posted July 12 11 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Pretty easy to be good in NXT when you can practice your match all week I suppose. I call that doing a Logan Paul. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 13 Paid Members Posted July 13 On 7/11/2026 at 6:32 PM, DavidB6937 said: I was enjoying Corbin in NXT but the bar was low with him beyond the bum ass stuff. I'm surprised he's been brought back in the US title stuff although Trick's booking has been so weird since Mania that I'm not against him having a straight heel to feud with. I think Corbin is often spoken about as being worse than he actually is, but even with that in mind, I struggle to see the value in bringing him back. The general perception of him is incredibly low, and if you look at a wrestler and there’s no opponent that could finish the sentence ‘it would be interesting to see him wrestle…’ why even sign them? If he’d redefined himself on the indie scene or in another company that would be one thing, but he didn’t do that. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 13 Paid Members Posted July 13 I honestly don't think WWE has ever been worse than the period in which they decided that Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans were going to be the biggest heel acts in the company, against a babyface Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch. The absolute fucking worst. "Holy shit" chants for the return of a bloke who was so shit that people assumed him being booked against Kurt Angle was a bait and switch for the real proper match to happen afterwards. Have a word with yourselves. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 13 Paid Members Posted July 13 4 minutes ago, BomberPat said: I honestly don't think WWE has ever been worse than the period in which they decided that Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans were going to be the biggest heel acts in the company, against a babyface Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch. The absolute fucking worst. And yet, they had better chemistry than the actual married couple. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.