thatvinylgeek Posted June 28 Posted June 28 (edited) 1 hour ago, Chili said: Danhausen has the Bray Wyatt issue. It's about convincing himself and others they have something. Show them actually able to do something and it loses the mystique and the charm. Even though wrestling is silly bollocks, even for characters like Danhausen, you need to still respect the logic and orbit of the character. Danhausen who causes people to fuck up based on him saying a daft catchphrase and giving the opponent that sliver of doubt. Perfect. Danhausen able to embody Paul McKenna and legitimately hypnotize people into a vegetative state? Fuck off, you're ruining it. Pffft that's what I said....how dare you be more succinct! Edited June 28 by thatvinylgeek Quote
Chili Posted June 28 Posted June 28 43 minutes ago, thatvinylgeek said: Pffft that's what I said....how dare you be more succinct! Ah sorry pal, skim read, apologies. Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted June 28 Posted June 28 10 minutes ago, Chili said: Ah sorry pal, skim read, apologies. Was not being serious in the slightest 🙂 Nice to find someone with a similar point of view on something Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 4 Paid Members Posted July 4 On 6/27/2026 at 10:37 AM, Supremo said: - I think they’re putting the belt on Sami tonight(!) Everyone being all shocked and saying no-one saw it coming. Us ride or die fans knew! We always believed! Probably best we enjoy it whilst it lasts now they’ve announced Cody vs. Sami on Monday. In Chicago. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted July 4 Posted July 4 I'm happy Punk is coming back. He makes the show way more interesting. Just turn him heel. If they're adamant that Cody can't be a heel. Turn Punk. He's an excellent baddie. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 4 Paid Members Posted July 4 Punk costing Cody the match. Sami leaving with the belt. I’ll sail away on a river of spunk. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted July 4 Posted July 4 2 hours ago, Supremo said: Punk costing Cody the match. Sami leaving with the belt. I’ll sail away on a river of spunk. ....Yeah I want this. I maintain, it really doesn't need the belt. And Cody will win it back at some point if they NEED to make it a title match. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 4 Paid Members Posted July 4 3 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: I maintain, it really doesn't need the belt. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 4 Posted July 4 33 minutes ago, air_raid said: That phrase is like a bat signal to you isn't it? Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted July 4 Posted July 4 I know i'm setting myself up for sadness with this line of thinking, but it feels too obvious doesn't? Like, I know we've all complained about them bending the entire product around 'moments', but this feels like the ultimate admission of 'no, no creative plan, just cool to have Sami win in Saudi wasn't it?' All that said, Rollins being a whopper aside, Reigns/Rollins and Cody/Punk for all the gold are quality main events. I sort of understand the 'it doesn't need the belt' argument, but whenever they do that it does just make the belt look less. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 4 Paid Members Posted July 4 (edited) It’ll be a crying shame if they take the belt off Sami before he ever interacts with Roman whilst wearing it, but with the recent reports of main eventers in WWE jostling for position and politicking, I’m not convinced Roman would even allow himself to be seen onscreen with Sami whilst holding what is so obviously the secondary belt. I’m becoming increasingly convinced that’s half the reason it was like we switched dimensions with Oba Femi and despite earning a Summerslam Title shot he suddenly decided he didn’t want it. Whole thing smells of Roman giving it some, “doesn’t work for me, brother,” which is why he’s being fed Seth instead. Hogan Reigns. Hopefully I’m wrong and Sami and Roman start mixing it up. Imagine Roman acknowledging Sami! Or Sami gifting Roman one of his T-shirts! If you must do Bloodline 2000 stuff you might as well use the actual catalyst that finally made The Bloodline worth a shit. I popped huge at Sami telling Jey that Jey doesn’t need to win the belt to bring it to, “The Family,” because if Sami is wearing it then it’s already in The Family. Good shit. Sami’s one of the best character workers of all time. Was also a huge fan of his snide delivery on this show. He’d rub in everyone’s face and scream to KISS HIS ASS, but he’s a good guy, so won’t. Even though he just did. But it doesn’t count. Because he’s a good guy. What a scamp. Ride or die. Edited July 4 by Supremo Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 4 Posted July 4 16 minutes ago, Supremo said: It’ll be a crying shame if they take the belt off Sami Admittedly I'm slightly biased as I absolutely love the guy but I do genuinely think there's a lot they could do with him as champ. It doesn't have to be a massively long run but there's enough there to keep it going for a while surely. Especially if (and I can't remember the source) they plan on keeping the Bloodline stuff going past Mania next year. Sami as the champ can genuinely add another interesting dimension to them rather than whatever shit they've been pissing about with recently. I hope they see at least some value in it, even in the short term, and make the most of him having it. Now we've finally got there it really would feel like such a shame to take it right back off him without even doing anything. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 5 Paid Members Posted July 5 16 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Admittedly I'm slightly biased as I absolutely love the guy but I do genuinely think there's a lot they could do with him as champ. I do agree, but enough time has passed for them to essentially rip off the storyline they ran with Christian and Randy Orton in the 2010s, which culminated in Christian winning the belt back as a full blown heel. I like Sami the babyface, but a Daniel Bryan/Christian heel hybrid might be the way to go with the guy. Quote
The King of Old School Posted July 11 Posted July 11 Judging by the complete non reaction of Baron Corbin I'm guessing the fans didn't realise he ever left. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 HAHAHAHAHAHA BARON CORBIN HAHAHAHAHAHA What a fucking company. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.