DavidB6937 Posted May 30 Posted May 30 6 hours ago, Supremo said: Lil Yachty is a proper, successful musician, isn’t he? The most basic of research (Wikipedia and Spotify) suggests as much. Surely he’s got better things to do than make the towns as Trick Williams’ manager? Borderline tragic. Like Jonathan Taylor Thomas or Salt-N-Pepa still knocking about on Raw months after Wrestlemania 11. I don't know why he's still hanging around but that segment last night almost made me want the Gingerbread man back. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 30 Paid Members Posted May 30 On 5/23/2026 at 8:50 AM, Supremo said: “Whatever happened to Mariah May?” Well, the bizarre way WWE block and shoot everything like it’s in 2D made it look like she developed the ability to instantly morph into Nia Jax when out of shot, like the kid in, “Woof,” who could turn into a dog. Last week she arrived, this week she’s ‘coming soon’ again? Did they forget about that segment? Weird. Quote
NeverYield Posted June 5 Posted June 5 (edited) That pop for Chad Gable was absolutely superb Edited June 5 by NeverYield Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 6 Posted June 6 8 hours ago, NeverYield said: That pop for Chad Gable was absolutely superb I've not seen the match with Kaiser, but my brain cannot come to terms with the idea that Meltzer has rated it higher than any match in WWF/E or AAA history. I don't want to watch it now, as there's no way it'll actually live up to that. Surely? Quote
NeverYield Posted June 6 Posted June 6 3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I've not seen the match with Kaiser, but my brain cannot come to terms with the idea that Meltzer has rated it higher than any match in WWF/E or AAA history. I don't want to watch it now, as there's no way it'll actually live up to that. Surely? It is a cracker mate to be fair, it's certainly one of the best matches I've watched in recent times. Quote
FUM Posted June 6 Posted June 6 6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I've not seen the match with Kaiser, but my brain cannot come to terms with the idea that Meltzer has rated it higher than any match in WWF/E or AAA history. I don't want to watch it now, as there's no way it'll actually live up to that. Surely? Dave Meltzer has very specific tastes. His ratings shouldn’t be taken as what the best ever is. It’s great and the presentation of it all is outstanding but don’t go in expecting to see the best thing you’ve seen in WWE history unless your tastes are similar to Meltzer. Quote
AshC Posted June 6 Posted June 6 Really he needs to adjust past star ratings, as there's no way all these modern guys have had better matches than Austin vs Bret at Mania (or Survivor Series). Quote
NeverYield Posted June 6 Posted June 6 I think Meltzer is an absolute whopper in general, but I definitely enjoyed the Grande's weighing in on each other. Quote
Chili Posted June 6 Posted June 6 28 minutes ago, AshC said: Really he needs to adjust past star ratings, as there's no way all these modern guys have had better matches than Austin vs Bret at Mania (or Survivor Series). It doesn't matter at all. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 6 Members Posted June 6 31 minutes ago, AshC said: Really he needs to adjust past star ratings, as there's no way all these modern guys have had better matches than Austin vs Bret at Mania (or Survivor Series). Who cares? It's just someone's opinion. Quote
AshC Posted June 6 Posted June 6 Sure, but then could say that about any kind of journalism, historical analysis or fan discussion. Quote
Chico Torres Posted June 6 Posted June 6 Meltzer is a great historian, his obituaries and historical pieces are almost always fantastic, I’m sure he’s a very good reporter too but I have no interest in that aspect of news and ratings analysis and the like. But as a taste maker he has awful taste in wrestling, he dismisses old wrestling and can’t even fathom that it could be better than new wrestling (because he truly believes you can only judge things at the time they happen) and above all he values nonsense like athleticism and “hot moves” and “workrate” and a recency bias. I do believe his opinions are sincerely held and that he couldn’t even fathom how something like say Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper from WM 8 or a larger than life spectacle like Hogan v Andre could possibly be better than some Young Bucks or Omega or NXT crossfit fireworks display…or even this very mid WWE approximation of actual lucha. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted June 6 Posted June 6 He's a great historian unless it's about big daddy and he just refuses to acknowledge how big a deal he was. Quote
NeverYield Posted June 6 Posted June 6 He's done some great historical pieces but his idiocy elsewhere makes him an instant dismissal nine times out of ten for me. Annoys the hell out of me most of the time. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 6 Paid Members Posted June 6 People can give their own star ratings or whatever rating system they want to. I don’t pay attention to Meltzer and I don’t know why people care what his ratings are for matches. John Canton gives matches their fair ratings imo. As did the late, great Larry Csonka. Find John Canton to be a very good and balanced reviewer. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.