Paid Members Supremo Posted June 6 Paid Members Posted June 6 I give this Meltzer chat minus five stars. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 6 Paid Members Posted June 6 Watching this show, I’m convinced they’re actively trying to dissuade any AEW talent from jumping in the future. It’s wild how they’re all bombing in their own specific way. Rey Fenix is a complete fucking joke. The only solace Malakai Black likely took when he got binned off was at least he wasn’t Rey Fenix. The loser’s loser. How long has Blake Monroe been coming soon? Shades of Emmalina. By the time she debuts nobody’s going to give a shit. Almost as if she’s been sentenced to a lifetime of mediocrity. Royce Keys losing relatively clean to Longa Tonga? Stuck in the MFT Vortex? Oh, mate. A depressing sight at the best of the times, but even more so when you imagine the other dimension out there where he stays in AEW. Imagine the fun he could’ve had with the Darby Allin Suicide Tour! Have it! Worst by far is Ricky Saints. I had to double check to make sure I hadn’t dreamt it. This is the very same man who was feuding with CM Punk before he got fired from AEW. The same man who had the best strap match of all time with Bryan Danielson. It genuinely feels like a completely different person, shrunken in both size and stature. For whatever reason, that WWE environment and presentation instantly turns him back into the Enhancement Talent he portrayed there in the past. I think his card will be marked after this show. Ricky Saints still getting the Zelina Vega non-pop for his entrance this week, in front of this raucous European crown, that popped for everything? Humiliating. If he’s going to continue to get such a shit reaction every time, he should be forced to stop doing the Bruce Forsyth pose. It’s disrespectful to the big man. Not nice to see you, to see you…not nice. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted June 7 Posted June 7 (edited) The one thing WWE do better than anyone else on the planet is hold off on someone debuting for months and months and then just when the time is right they bring them up with absolutely nothing interesting at all to do. Lazy cunts. Ricky Saints and Royce Keys will have to wait in line to feud/team with the Miz. Edited June 7 by Mr_Danger Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 7 Posted June 7 Royce was screwed as soon as Oba was on the main roster. Two big black guys? HHH couldn't possibly. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted June 7 Posted June 7 12 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Royce was screwed as soon as Oba was on the main roster. Two big black guys? HHH couldn't possibly. He’s definitely brainstorming names for his ethnically sound street/cage match for the eventual blow off to the Keys vs Oba feud. Hood in a Cell, Compton Cage Match, Harlem Street Fight 2: Electric Boogaloo etc. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 7 Paid Members Posted June 7 Keys is from East Palo Alto, California, Femi from Lagos and went to college in Alabama so it's simple really CaLaBama Carnage Or yeah probably something with Compton or Atlanta in knowing them. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 7 Posted June 7 "The Hulk Hogan Memorial Slobberknocker - Sponsored By Tessa Blanchard" Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted June 7 Paid Members Posted June 7 (edited) I reckon Hobbs was given some very carefully worded promises. Sign with us and I guarantee you will win a big annual battle royal match and feud with a leader of a bloodline. It’s even more tragic that his other option is to feud or be pals with Damian Priest the most boring man alive. The Palo Alto vignettes were good, but it was weird that he disappeared after the Rumble presumably to wait for creative, and THIS is what they have for him. Edited June 7 by JLM Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted June 7 Posted June 7 (edited) He'll be released next year. I don't think he ended on bad terms with AEW so he can always go back. Edited June 7 by TheScarlettChad Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted June 7 Paid Members Posted June 7 9 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: He'll be released next year. I don't think he ended on bad terms with AEW so he can always go back. I don’t think he’ll be released, and I hope he isn’t given that he decided to bet on himself; likely knowing full well he had a ceiling in AEW given what Tony Khan favours in his main event talent. I hope he succeeds, even if I feel very unmotivated to watch any rise he may have given how much of a drag WWE programming is these days. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 15 Paid Members Posted June 15 (edited) If a tree falls in the woods, but no-one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? If a solid episode of Smackdown occurs, but no-one can be arsed watching or discussing it, did it ever really happen? It doesn’t come as a surprise to us RIDE OR DIE fans, but Sami Zayn has yet again climbed out of the Pit of Irrelevancy and became Friday Night’s Main Character. This Last Real Good Guy stuff is really good. Especially when fans don’t cotton on and still (rightly) cheer him. Sami’s single handedly stolen this feud from Gunther and Cody. Already feels like Gunther is yesterday’s news now Sami’s the guest referee next week. Shades of this, where the real, proper feud is hiding is plain sight. However, as excited as I am that Sami is back in the mix, I was a bit disappointed with the announced Guest Ref stipulation, because I’d seen a brilliant shout about Cody and Gunther doing an Iron Man Match. Would’ve been the perfect match to fill some time on these Three Hour Marathon episodes of Smackdown. I remember seeing an interview where Gunther explained how he takes inspiration from football games when putting together his ring psychology. Especially during World Cup season, I bet Cody and Gunther could have had a cracking Iron Man match, with loads of falls. Checking when WWE last had an Iron Man Match made me remember why they probably don’t do them anymore; the last one between Seth and Dolph was such a disaster that they had to hide the clock to stop the fans dicking about and doing the Royal Rumble countdown every sixty seconds. A real sense of punishing the whole class because one kid is naughty is though. Just because Seth and Dolph were too shit to have an engaging Iron Man Match, why do we all have to be punished? Rey Fenix and Axiom having a mini belter that no-one gave a shit about was fun. A real throwback to Paul London having rippers on Velocity or Essa Rios tearing up Sunday Night Heat on Channel 4. I’m completely on board with the Danhausen Cinematic Universe becoming a full cartoon. Weekly Home Alone-style attacks of Kit Wilson and The Miz? Bring it on. For what it’s worth, Danhausen is also the only wrestler my five year old daughter cares about, after she saw mini-Hausen at the pay per view. The casuals have spoken and it spells a lot of human money for my boy Danhausen. The King of the Ring Four Ways continue to deliver. The version of Smackdown I watched was the edited two hour version on Netflix, in which they’d done a masterful job of editing out the absolute nightmare Jade Cargill had when her wig came off. Thank god I didn’t watch this show live. Having now seen the clip, my anxiety would’ve been through the roof watching poor Jade try and continue the match holding the wig flat to her head. Felt awful for her. Am I a prick for thinking there’s a chance Charlotte did that on purpose? She’s definitely increased all the aloof, meta dickhead stuff as she’s slowly moved back into the Singles division. Snatching a wig doesn’t feel that out of character. Jey Uso qualifying for the Semi-Finals all but confirms Oba Femi is winning the tournament, surely? Finn Balor somehow looking more chiseled than ever. Has the man ever even looked at a Chocolate Digestive? The blue trim of Finn’s trunks now he’s moved to Smackdown also keeps the dream alive. We never got Green Kane when he started teaming with X-Pac. Glenn Jacobs was obviously too bloody Republican to ever wear any colour other than red. But with Finn there’s still a chance! Switched to the Blue Team. Introduce the new Home Kit! Edited June 15 by Supremo Quote
The King of Old School Posted June 15 Posted June 15 Sami Zayn really is superb when he gets the chance to sink his teeth into something. I sense a 3 way at NOC before hopefully Sami takes the belt in a 1 on 1 at Summerslam. It's his time now, I can definitely sense a smug Sami Zayn going over to Raw with the WWE title to show off to Roman. Ride or Die. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 15 Posted June 15 Zayn's a funny one. He's the only non-legend I got a paid photo shoot with at Mania because I genuinely love the guy that much, but yeah any time I show people my photos they only care about Austin etc while my Sami photo just looks like I'm hanging out with a mate. I do genuinely think Sami is underappreciated, and this current gimmick is obviously very Bret Hart Canada 2026 but I loved that back in the day too so no surprise there. He's the reason for tuning in to Smackdown these days, other than Danhausen obviously. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted June 15 Awards Moderator Posted June 15 4 hours ago, Supremo said: The blue trim of Finn’s trunks now he’s moved to Smackdown also keeps the dream alive. We never got Green Kane when he started teaming with X-Pac. Glenn Jacobs was obviously too bloody Republican to ever wear any colour other than red. But with Finn there’s still a chance! Switched to the Blue Team. Introduce the new Home Kit! I know WWE is trying to take over lucha, but rebooting Blue Demon like this is not on. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 15 Posted June 15 I'd assumed we were getting Brock costing Oba on Raw to stop him progressing in the KOTR. I think we now have to face the possibility of either Roman v Oba (with Brock costing Oba in the main event of Summerslam) or Cody vs Jey. If they go with shit option #1, I hope Brock lifts the ring up with a forklift again. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.