Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

John Lewis is supplying  customers with an empty Quality Street tin, and allowing them to fill it up with their favourite Quality Street chocolates from a pick ‘n’ mix style buffet.

Is this a new thing this year, and should I have posted it in TIL?

It’s a bloody marvellous idea.

15123DB1-7FE5-4622-93EE-72645B331328.jpeg

994F93AE-BF8E-4E9B-9F6B-C6FF33A90580.jpeg

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Think they started doing it for Christmas last year, but a custom assortment costs about three times what you'd pay in a supermarket for a regular tub of the same size. 

Is it? Fuck that then. As a rule of thumb, Butch is somewhat right, they are generally a bit shit... except for a full tub of green triangles, I’d happily live on those fuckers.

They had this last year in John Lewis (Oxford Street anyway) where you could also personalise tins with names on it which was a mini Christmas craze in the south east. I remember taking a look and the prices were ridiculous. Something like £20 for a tin with your (or chosen) name on it. I can't even remember if that was just the tin without the sweets, quite possibly. 

11 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Just look in your local Asian supermarket or even buy a selection from Amazon like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Japanese-Selection-Different-Flavors-Assortment/dp/B01FDS8546

These aren't the weird Japanese KKs you see in the import shops though, they are under the banner of Chocolatory

https://www.johnlewis.com/kitkat-chocolatory-billionaire's-treasure-pack-of-6-74g/p4329038