Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

Speaking of retro sweets, I was only a child when this happened but I remember being gutted they'd merged individual lemon and lime Opal Fruit/Starburst flavours into the one "lemon and lime" version, what a heap of shite that was. It doesn't help that the blackcurrant one that was brought in, presumably to keep the same amount of variety (4), was and is the worst of the bunch.

86d3e4f56b3414cf6b4f5cc214754d43.jpg

• Paid Members
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, The Maestro said:

Boost is best. Chocolate, biscuit, caramel. A bit more substantial that your standard choccy bar but not as heavy as a Snickers.

I ate an obscene number of biscuit Boosts in my early teens when I'd pretty much have a bar on the way to school and another on the way home. The filling was different then, a lot more dense and not quite as sweet. The bar itself always had what looked like a plug on one end, as if they'd poured the filling into a hollow chocolate shell and then put a cap on to keep it in. Sometimes you could get your teeth into the gap and flip the plug off, allowing a clean cross sectional view of the insides.

It became victim to a "new and improved version" that was anything but.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

KitKat chunky salted caramel fudge. That is all 

I've not tried so don't want to pass judgement on these just yet but two things:

1) Salted caramel being everywhere is a trivial annoyance of mine. I don't even think that you get normal caramel flavoured things anymore.

2) Normal Kit Kats > Kit Kat Chunky

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Kit Kat Chunky is just a normal Kit Kat but bigger. How is a smaller version  better. If anything it should be two Kit Kat Chunkys>one Kit Kat Chunky.

No it's not. The Chunky has a greater chocolate to wafer ratio than a standard Kit Kat. Normally more chocolate would be better but less is more with the Kit Kat.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

No it's not. The Chunky has a greater chocolate to wafer ratio than a standard Kit Kat. Normally more chocolate would be better but less is more with the Kit Kat.

I agree with you on the salted caramel thing, but I have to agree with Herr Danger on this one. Much prefer more chocolate. I particularly like the peanut butter Chunky.

9 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

In New York this week and not only are white kit kats numerous, they do white chocolate Twixes as well. Must get one before we fly home.

Are these not a thing where you live? In most corner shops around here there are not only white kit kats and twixes but White Lion and Snickers White too. They’re all delicious. 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz