Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Haha, touché.. I do really like making stuff from scratch. It's what got me into all the curing and sausage making stuff. It's definitely now on my list as something to try at some point. I don't really care for hot chocolate, but making some actual chocolate at some point would be fun.

I'm similar - there's a certain satisfaction to be had from making food from scratch. I rely on a few prepped set-pieces like garlic & ginger paste, or soffrito/mirepoix, but it's always fun trying out new stuff.

Bear in mind that cocoa and hot chocolate are sold as two different things; presumably to do with preparation. But if you ever do have proper cocoa, try it with a tiny dash of cayenne - gives it a nice little kick, and goes with the dark flavour very well.

• Paid Members
On 9/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

boosts are boring. Are you getting confused for the love of Starbars?

Love a Boost, love a Star Bar too. Always a feel a Star Bar is one of the most underrated and chocolate bars on the market, never a sniff of it ever being close to multipack which is a bit of a shame.

As for a the Boost. Am right in thinking there was once different flavour Boost bars? No one else I've spoken too remember them but I'm sure there was. Could the Star Bar even be a re-marketed Boost?

• Paid Members

Wiki tells us that the peanut and caramel Boost was a rebranded Starbar, which has since been rebranded back to being a Starbar. There was also apparently a coconut one.

The flavour I remember, which as far as I know is the only Boost I've ever eaten, was the green wrappered one with Guarana. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Wiki tells us that the peanut and caramel Boost was a rebranded Starbar, which has since been rebranded back to being a Starbar. There was also apparently a coconut one.

The flavour I remember, which as far as I know is the only Boost I've ever eaten, was the green wrappered one with Guarana. 

Guarana was the best.

Look at the fucking plight of this though. £1.49 for a ‘protein’ boost. Daft cunts.

50B58CED-A5B4-4119-B288-68421CAF7E90.jpeg

• Awards Moderator
27 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

My mate used to buy those for us when we played pitch and putt. I always think of 'guano' when I read it 💩

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

My mate used to buy those for us when we played pitch and putt. I always think of 'guano' when I read it 💩

it's what it tasted like! Not really, but I never thought it tasted a patch on the original version and was the 3rd out of Peanut and Coconut

15 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Guarana was the best.

Look at the fucking plight of this though. £1.49 for a ‘protein’ boost. Daft cunts.

50B58CED-A5B4-4119-B288-68421CAF7E90.jpeg

I have seen the Snickers and Mars about the same price. Complete con job for Protein Shake enthusiasts (often known as Gym Twats)

• Paid Members

I do like the original biscuit and caramel Boost, as well as Star Bar. The guarana Boost was an odd one - didn't taste bad, but had this weird, tangy, fruity taste, which I'm not massively a fan of in chocolate.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Has Toblerone had a mention? I used to get through a £1 Home Bargain one every day. Good size considering they're about £6 for one about twice that size in other shops.

Every day? My teeth couldn't handle a relentless assault of sugar and stickiness every 24 hours!

I'm looking forward to the weekend where I can stay at home in my jim jams watching old wrestling, eating pizza and demolishing these bad boys:

s-l300.jpg