Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I've had these! Twice.

Unsurprisingly, that House Of Lords lot get some amazing stuff. A friend of mine is a secretary there, and she gets two bottle of House Of Lords Scotch every year as part of her Christmas perks. Apparently it's only available in two places: the distillery it's made, and the HOL. Tried a glass, and it was as smooth and delicious as I expected.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

What's the deal with piri piri and peri peri? Is it the same stuff?

Yeah, pretty much. Take into account they're a Saath Efrican company, and the pronunciation differential suddenly makes sense.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Carbomb said:

A friend of mine is a secretary there, and she gets two bottle of House Of Lords Scotch every year as part of her Christmas perks. Apparently it's only available in two places: the distillery it's made, and the HOL. Tried a glass, and it was as smooth and delicious as I expected.

You are talking cobblers here, Bomber. I occasionally get bottles of that stuff due to work and it has to be amongst the worst Scotch on the planet. Only superseded by the House of Commons Scotch, which is somehow even poorer. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

You are talking cobblers here, Bomber. I occasionally get bottles of that stuff due to work and it has to be amongst the worst Scotch on the planet. Only superseded by the House of Commons Scotch, which is somehow even poorer. 

Really? I found it quite tasty. It's not as good as my beloved Laphroaig, Talisker, or Glenury Royal, but it was still quite smooth, I found.

• Paid Members

Looking back on it, it's possible that 1. because I'd been "prepped" about its sourcing and so on, I might have psychosomatically enjoyed it more than it warranted, and/or 2. because it was late in the evening, and had had quite a few beers to drink, anything might have tasted good. But I've had whisky after beer before that tasted worse.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Yeah, pretty much. Take into account they're a Saath Efrican company, and the pronunciation differential suddenly makes sense.

Reminds me of a passage I once read about South African speech patterns, possibly to do with cricketers, possibly in a They Think Its All Over annual.

"Dint lit the dog out, there's a lipid in the gidin. Get one of the blicks to get rid of it."

Hahahahaha, you daft racist.

Mild disappointment at Lidl this morning. They didn't have any of these mythical massive Ritters, but I made do with some regular bars - two marzipans and two peppermints, to sort of almost make up the same size. "That'll be enough sweets for the weekend", I thought. I've been home less than five minutes and one of the marzipans has gone already.

I also bought a 3-pack of boxers, but (under)crackers are probably more suited to the biscuit thread.

• 5 weeks later...