Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

I eat Boosts when I want a chocolate bar that's more filling, but the flavour of its... filling... ain't particularly great.

100% on board with Fry's Chocolate Cream, but one niggling query: I often open it to find that the glue sealing the wrapper is also stuck right along the bar itself, and I'm never quite sure if it's designed to be edible or whether one corner of my stomach's been building up a rubbery collection of this stuff over the years.

• Paid Members

Never been a massive fan of Fry’s stuff but my mum loves the Peppermint and Chocolate Cream they do. Only saw recently that you can also get Raspberry and Orange versions. Anyone tried them? I imagine the Orange to be really sickly like the ones you get in Quality Street. 

AAE6314A-C662-4203-B814-A2283EC81A17.png

• Paid Members

I like the chocolate cream and peppermint cream ones, but does anyone actually know what the chocolate cream filling is? It just says "fondant" filling, but it doesn't taste of chocolate - it doesn't taste of anything except pure sweetness. Not that I'm complaining - as I say, I like them - but it just bugs me: what the hell is it?

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

I got a Cherry Ripe bar today, heard some good things about them so I am intrigued to see what the fuss is about.

Have you had good things about them from non Australian people? I just assumed they were an Aussie product bigged up by only Aussie people out of national pride. Similar scenario for Tim Tams (basically just a Penguin) & Vegemite.

39 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Have you had good things about them from non Australian people? I just assumed they were an Aussie product bigged up by only Aussie people out of national pride. Similar scenario for Tim Tams (basically just a Penguin) & Vegemite.

It is from a non Australian. However, they are friends with an Australian and is possibly why they are being recommended. On a side note, the same person loves Tim Tams but I was a little put off when I was informed they was just like a Penguin, I was expecting something else.

I've some how cocked up the quote and don't know how to add it in now but this was in response to @Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartzand his comment about the Cherry Ripe bar.

I just Googled these as I'd never heard of it before. It's basically a Cherry flavoured Bounty? That really sounds gross - and I actually like Bounty's.

Edited by deathrey

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Got this. Not bad. A lot sweeter than Caramac, which I think I prefer, but for someone with a sweet tooth like mine, it hits the spot nicely. 

IMG20210709182849.jpg

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Got this. Not bad. A lot sweeter than Caramac, which I think I prefer, but for someone with a sweet tooth like mine, it hits the spot nicely. 

IMG20210709182849.jpg

And a lot cheaper than the Aussie version, £1-1.25 compared to anywhere between £2.99-7.99. They’re also releasing a standard version for around the same price as your regular bars