Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I think Soapdish is taking this anti Tory persona up to new levels tbh. Lobster=Tory. Iceland Lobster=Council House Christmas. Gold bar costs about a quid,  is wood chip biscuit and covered in cheap shitty caramel chocolate is a snack of the working class irrespective of political allegiance. 

Sounds like a Lee Anderson soundbite TBH

16 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

A big shout out to the lads from Tunnocks. Have got back into the teacakes recently, along with wafers a 1-2 punch we haven't seen the likes of since Billie Jean and Beat It.

I am a sucker for the Caramel Logs. I used to like the Teacakes but assumed they aren't vegetarian but just looked it up and they are! 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

A big shout out to the lads from Tunnocks. Have got back into the teacakes recently, along with wafers a 1-2 punch we haven't seen the likes of since Billie Jean and Beat It.

Coincidentally, I bought some of the Tunnocks dark chocolate wafers this morning having seen them in the shop for the first time in about 15 years. Very excited. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

@Hannibal Scorch highly recommend them. Hadn't eaten one in years and they feel like a proper treat even though you can get 6 for not much more than a quid at my local Londis. Perfect mid afternoon snack with a cup of tea.

Weirdly I think the only places I can get Tunnocks round here is Home Bargains, B&M and Sainsburys, and it seems to not be consistent, but I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled.

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of Tunnocks, if you leave a comment on their "Contact us" section of their website then you may receive something in the post in the following days. I left a message saying how I had a dream that I met Boyd Tunnock and he gave me a lift in his Land Rover, the following week a Tunnocks woolly hat arrived in the post. A few weeks later I sent one in for somebody at work saying how my Tea Cake while listening to Popmaster was the highlight of my day during lockdown - two boxes of Tea Cakes arrived in the post! Then just two weeks ago I did one for someone else at work telling them how I was impressed to see it's now 7 million caramels that are made and sold each week and I could remember when it was 5 million - he got a tea towel, little tray and a packet of dark chocolate Caramel wafers! 

Just don't all do it at once as they might suspect something.

• Paid Members
On 2/24/2023 at 7:52 AM, Harry Wiseau said:

On the subject of Tunnocks, if you leave a comment on their "Contact us" section of their website then you may receive something in the post in the following days. I left a message saying how I had a dream that I met Boyd Tunnock and he gave me a lift in his Land Rover, the following week a Tunnocks woolly hat arrived in the post. A few weeks later I sent one in for somebody at work saying how my Tea Cake while listening to Popmaster was the highlight of my day during lockdown - two boxes of Tea Cakes arrived in the post! Then just two weeks ago I did one for someone else at work telling them how I was impressed to see it's now 7 million caramels that are made and sold each week and I could remember when it was 5 million - he got a tea towel, little tray and a packet of dark chocolate Caramel wafers! 

Just don't all do it at once as they might suspect something.

Arrived yesterday, after I left some feedback. 

20230225_123758.jpg

Edited by mim731