Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

On 3/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

How long does it take to get an email from Ann? I sent her a nice story a couple of days ago but she hasn't acknowledged it at all. 

I emailed last night and got an email this afternoon. I also had a missed call from them as I was at work.

I too emailed a nice story and made sure to mention specific favourites. I also tried to X Factor it and gave a bit of a sob story about how my local has been able to get stock due to supply chain issues. 
I got a list of retailers where I might be able to get some, but I doubt it was enough to tip the balance in my favour and receive an Ann Care Package of Tunnocky Goodness

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I sent a reply thanking Ann for taking the time it took to reply, research local retailers and send me out my lovely packet of Logs. I mentioned how it had put a smile on my daughter's face and even shared a joke about my dislike of Home Bargains, which was the subject of my initial comment.

Hopefully Ann gets a lovely warm feeling, knowing that she's doing good work.

(Hopefully I get a Tunnock's Beanie or Tea Towel!)

As an aside I only came onto this thread to mention that I'd been to a lovely artisan chocolatier that I'd seen on last week's Great British Menu. My interest in that went right out of the window at the prospect of free nostalgic treats!

I replied thanking her for her time to reply and followed up my request for information on retailers stocking cream wafers with a hilarious joke about if she knows where any winning lottery tickets are. Jam Teacakes and a saucy picture please Ann.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

9 days since that sweet, sweet email from Ann. No sign of tea cakes.

Biggest case of gaslighting since Pat last had a moan. 

Surely it's tealighting in this case. I'll light a little candle for you and keep you in my thoughts. 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

9 days since that sweet, sweet email from Ann. No sign of tea cakes.

Biggest case of gaslighting since Pat last had a moan. 

In the email I received this morning, on the subject of Wafer Creams (I said I wasn't aware of them until seeing them on the Tunnocks website and asked where I could buy them from), Ann said "we hope to have them in production by next week and I will post out a couple of packets". It reads like they perhaps alternate between which products they're making at any one time, so maybe she's having to wait for a new batch to be ready before she can send out any freebies. If that's the case, it might be that they're out of teacakes so she's having to wait for more to be made before she can send them out.

I also noticed that she's requested a "read receipt" from the email she sent me, which I gladly supplied. It's nice to know that she cares enough to want confirmation that her messages are getting through.

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA