Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

I might try emailing again. 

Dunno, that's a bit too passive aggressive for me. Bit pushy, not the Tunnock spirit.

It's the 10yo that is worrying. I shouldn't have told her.

Every day I get a text "Have the teacakes come yet?" 

She made her mum buy some this week. Anns profit boosting plan is working.

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Dunno, that's a bit too passive aggressive for me. Bit pushy, not the Tunnock spirit.

It's the 10yo that is worrying. I shouldn't have told her.

Every day I get a text "Have the teacakes come yet?" 

She made her mum buy some this week. Anns profit boosting plan is working.

Maybe the real tunnocks freebies were the friends we made along the way. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 5:24 PM, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Many thanks for your interest in our delicious Dark Chocolate Caramel Wafers  you can purchase  from

ASDA   /    SAINSBURYS  SUPERSTORE

Sometimes we have to make the decision to hold back on production as our Milk variant is much  more popular with buyers  

Buyers from all he major supermarkets decide what to order and where to place products, also down to shelf space  if none available please check with the store manager.

THE  CANNY SCOT   based at Gretna Green do on line ordering,              Sorry we do not have online ordering

I will put  packet in the post with compliments

Please do not hesitate to contact myself should you require any further assistance.

Best  Wishes 

Ann

Yeeeeessssss!!!!

Never received anything from Anne in the end.

Bit disappointing after seeing  all the pictures here of huge multi pack Tunnocks hauls but I was just blagging anyway. So doubt I deserved any treats lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Mine arrived today.IMG20230422124718.thumb.jpg.35dc5d989079c8c85dc06138c24b81c7.jpg

Got to try them for the first time, and I have to say I like them a lot. Not quite as chocolatey as a Riva (nothing ever has been, sadly), but still really nice. 

Ann's recommendation in her reply email was Farmfoods and Home Bargains, but the nearest one of those is the Farmfoods in Walthamstow, and there don't appear to be any Home Bargains in London at all, if Google Maps is anything to go by. Might have to order from the Canny Scott, that she also recommended.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Mine arrived today.IMG20230422124718.thumb.jpg.35dc5d989079c8c85dc06138c24b81c7.jpg

Got to try them for the first time, and I have to say I like them a lot. Not quite as chocolatey as a Riva (nothing ever has been, sadly), but still really nice. 

Ann's recommendation in her reply email was Farmfoods and Home Bargains, but the nearest one of those is the Farmfoods in Walthamstow, and there don't appear to be any Home Bargains in London at all, if Google Maps is anything to go by. Might have to order from the Canny Scott, that she also recommended.

I've seen them in at least a couple of different branches of B&M near me, so that might be worth a try.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, mim731 said:

I've seen them in at least a couple of different branches of B&M near me, so that might be worth a try.

Thanks for that. Will give it a go.

• 2 months later...

Mr Deathrey bought a multi pack of Lion Bars when he was in the shops the other day. I haven't had one in well over 20 years I think but God damn they are great aren't they?! They have a perfect mix of everything, chocolate, crunchiness, chewiness. The caramel isn't overpowering and sickly sweet as it is in many other chocolate bars. I have eaten them all now and asked him to pick up another multi pack when he's out.

Edited by deathrey