Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Could've sworn I've seen Boost Duos around in shops. Anyone else seen them?

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Does anyone else try the Polish bars in the world foods section? They're nearly all wafer based it seems.

The last one I bought was this, it had coconut, crispies and caramel in it and was pretty decent to be honest.

spacer.png

My local CostCutter's got loads of Polish sweets, especially by the E. Wedel company, and my favourites are their boozy ones called Pawelek:

75d383abd389b3ab04ac428eb858574378329afd

3538494234bf143a6aac2d.jpg (despite just saying "chocolate", this was very boozy)

3331772246_52db603a84_b.jpg

• Paid Members

^^^ I love the Advocat Pawelek whenever Mrs-to-be raid lets me snaffle one at Dobry Sklep or wherever. Didn't know there was Amaretto as well, must grab one when I get chance!

As an aside, the Wedel shops in Poland sell hot chocolate and the white one is probably my favourite hot drink on the planet.

I never fancy any of those wafer based Polski bars. Wafer based snacks just me remind me of my impoverished childhood.

There definitely used to be Boost Duo’s but I think they went the way of the Boost Guarana. Too much boost in your Boost.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Wafer based snacks just me remind me of my impoverished childhood.

Hard agree. See also those weird small tubs of raspberry ripple ice cream, that aren't really like ice cream. 

31948_1?$pdp-desktop$&img404=image-not-available&v=1&locale=en-gb

• Paid Members

Am not really a fan of wafer bars, unless they're properly loaded with chocolate - Riva bars, for example, were wafer, but there was plenty of chocolate in them that they didn't feel like a waste of time. Time Out bars were decent too. Tortinas are fuggin' lush.

5 hours ago, air_raid said:

^^^ I love the Advocat Pawelek whenever Mrs-to-be raid lets me snaffle one at Dobry Sklep or wherever. Didn't know there was Amaretto as well, must grab one when I get chance!

As an aside, the Wedel shops in Poland sell hot chocolate and the white one is probably my favourite hot drink on the planet.

I'm sure they had a spumante filled chocolate bar as well at one point which was quite nice.

Speaking of Polish drinks as an aside, I love Frugo green but the only place that I've seen it recently is Sainsbury's.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I never fancy any of those wafer based Polski bars. Wafer based snacks just me remind me of my impoverished childhood.

There definitely used to be Boost Duo’s but I think they went the way of the Boost Guarana. Too much boost in your Boost.

Boost Duos still exist, I had one today. Boost Guarana was ace as well.

16 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

The only chocolates my mum would buy us as kids was Penguin Bars and Kit Kats, I still can't stand bloody Kit Kats.

I do remember Riva bars @Carbomb, they were a feature in my late Junior school lunch box when my mum started branching out a bit more, they were great.

Edited by deathrey

I mean the kiddo is definitely wrong, its absolutley not Kit Kat. It's the shittest. I will put it down to lack of life experience and not yet having enough opportunity to try all the chocolate bars and also they will never have had those now deceased 90's chocolate bars. RIP Secret Bar

25 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I mean the kiddo is definitely wrong, its absolutley not Kit Kat. It's the shittest. I will put it down to lack of life experience and not yet having enough opportunity to try all the chocolate bars and also they will never have had those now deceased 90's chocolate bars. RIP Secret Bar

I can promise you they have tried enough chocolate in their life 🤣

It's OK, the 10yo and I wind her up by chomping across the Kit Kat fingers which drives her mental. 

Kit Kat Chunky Peanut butter is the king of the Kit Kat stable. The problem I have with Kit Kat is that even in Chunky form I don’t feel like I’m having a chocolate bar so that tick in my brain that tells me it’s ok I’ve had a chocolate bar doesn’t get switched and I’ll eat about four of the bastards.

Saw a Caramac Flake in Home Bargains today….

Edited by Mr_Danger