Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I don't eat Lion Bars as often as I should - they are really nice, both original and white chocolate.

Haven't had a Toffee Crisp in years, either. Might get one today.

• Paid Members

White Lions are brilliant, and I only just now realized I want White Picnic to be a thing.

On the topic (LOL) of bars with a bunch of stuff inside, I really miss Fuse.

• Paid Members
Just now, air_raid said:

White Lions

"We roar when Harry scores!"

Just now, air_raid said:

On the topic (LOL) of bars with a bunch of stuff inside, I really miss Fuse.

Fuses were ace. I'm not normally a fan of fruit with chocolate (unless it's also loaded with alcohol, like Old Jamaica), but Fuses had the right balance of chocolate, crispy bits, and raisins.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'm not sure about trying the white chocolate Lion Bar. White chocolate is usually very sweet, is it not sickly?

It comes down to whether or not you like white chocolate or not, really. I have a ridiculous sweet tooth - chocolate, marzipan, baklava, barfi, ras malai, all these are like crack to me - so I like them, but, in fairness, it feels like the crispy bits also tone down the sweetness a little, so it does feel a bit more balanced. Your mileage may vary.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Boost’s

I think that this has to be my favourite of all time. 

The only issue is they are so small these days (don't) and that annoys me.

But a Boost is perfection. And obviously every time I buy one I walk out singing 🎶 BOOST BOOST CADBURYS BOOST🎵

I do have a pretty sweet tooth but I struggle a bit with white chocolate. I only really like Green & Blacks white chocolate, all the others are a little too sweet for me. I love stuff like baklava but can only have it in small amounts or large amounts with a cup of tea. Barfi I draw the line at, it's far too sweet but ras malai is fine because its tempered by the milk.

Edited by deathrey

5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

It comes down to whether or not you like white chocolate or not, really. I have a ridiculous sweet tooth - chocolate, marzipan, baklava, barfi, ras malai, all these are like crack to me - so I like them, but, in fairness, it feels like the crispy bits also tone down the sweetness a little, so it does feel a bit more balanced. Your mileage may vary.

Edit: I'm not too sure what's happened here, I seem to have double posted but the quite was in my original post and is now gone

Edited by deathrey

Decades ago, a Boost was my chocolate bar of choice from the vending machine on a Friday (the one day I didn't bring in a packed lunch) but I recall my friend who I was studying A-level German with made a bloody convincing case for a Lion bar as well.