Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

"Twinkletoes" fucking hell that's shit.

This is something that's really struck me about Cornette recently - for someone who was always credited as a quick wit and great mind for insults/put-downs as a manager, his insults are shit; "Twinkletoes", "Pockets" and "Jelly Janela" are barely primary school fare. He's rubbish when he hasn't got Jerry Lawler's jokebook to nick from.

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

This is something that's really struck me about Cornette recently - for someone who was always credited as a quick wit and great mind for insults/put-downs as a manager, his insults are shit; "Twinkletoes", "Pockets" and "Jelly Janela" are barely primary school fare. He's rubbish when he hasn't got Jerry Lawler's jokebook to nick from.

I dunno with Cornette. I think he's dogshit as a real person insulting others. As a wrestling character, in that mindset it seemed like the faster and more motivated he spoke, the funnier and more witty he was. Always thought he was someone in wrestling who could think creatively with words, but as an actual person, he's not as on the dime. 

Why does he use Kenny Olivier? I know the reference, but with wrestling being mostly big weird people acting, what's Kenny done to piss off Cornette. Was it something in Japan, given my Omega knowledge as a worker pretty much is that he wrestles in AEW, he was in Japan and was apparently big, he teamed with Kota and that is apparently like the Hangman angle but its not, and he wrestled a 9 year old.

• Paid Members

The start of it was when Omega was booked for an ROH show, he done his ankle on a DDT show and couldnt fly over. So he told Delirious and as a gag sent his pal a photo of a mangled foot from google. Cornette being a loony genuinely thought Omega tried to convince the ROH staff that his foot was in that condition.

Also, Harley Race hated Omega because he got signed to WWE in 2005 in Harley's tryout camp and wasnt one of Harley's contracted guys. Thus Harley missed out of a signing on bonus. Add all this to the 9 year old girl match, and its a mix of reasons why Cornette hates him.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Can't link to it now because they deleted the original tweet but fuck me, can't believe how much the women kicked off over this:

https://411mania.com/wrestling/natalya-liv-morgan-call-out-wwe-fox-twitter-womens-build-team-meme/

I mean anyone would be upset being lower than Nia Jax but does Nattie value herself as some sort of super worker? Is that the general view of her?

29 minutes ago, chokeout said:

I mean anyone would be upset being lower than Nia Jax but does Nattie value herself as some sort of super worker? Is that the general view of her?

She's a (sort of) Hart so that would be their view of her. Nearly everyone else beyond whatever her weird stanbase is, regard her as rightly average, which she is. She's not shit, but she's never really been that great personally, always solid, she'd not Alicia Fox.

She's going to be unbearable whenever she gets to make her HOF speech.

Edited by Chili

8 hours ago, Chili said:

She's a (sort of) Hart so that would be their view of her. Nearly everyone else beyond whatever her weird stanbase is, regard her as rightly average, which she is. She's not shit, but she's never really been that great personally, always solid, she'd not Alicia Fox.

She's going to be unbearable whenever she gets to make her HOF speech.

Why only sort of? Her mum is a Hart. 

Natalya is definitely the most overrated woman I can ever remember being involved in wrestling. Of her 1500 matches I can’t imagine more than about 4 rank above the average range. Off the top of my head I can remember one very good match vs Charlotte and one goodish match vs Ronda and that’s about it. I have no idea where this idea or reputation has come from, other than she’s old and has been doing the same thing for about 15 years now.

• Paid Members

Tbh, I'm on Natalya's side in this one. A pseudo-official WWE account shouldn't be Tweeting memes implying that their own talent are relatively worthless, and she should be in the position to stand up for herself over that.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Tbh, I'm on Natalya's side in this one. A pseudo-official WWE account shouldn't be Tweeting memes implying that their own talent are relatively worthless, and she should be in the position to stand up for herself over that.

Particularly when they are giving dollar values for the teams. If it was just pick a squad (A, B, C) no one would care either way, but the dollar value implies less worth and equally to be told you are only worth one dollar is particularly galling. 

This is how to reply to a meme by staying in character and garnering heat. What are all the compaints about anyway? Are they angry that the tweet implies some of the women are considered better than others? Isn't that the whole point of competition, to try and prove you're the best over all others? Maybe I'm missing something.

Just now, Love-Wilcox said:
This is how to reply to a meme by staying in character and garnering heat. What are all the compaints about anyway? Are they angry that the tweet implies some of the women are considered better than others? Isn't that the whole point of competition, to try and prove you're the best over all others? Maybe I'm missing something.

Yeah this is what I don't get about the women who are throwing a strop about it. They do realise that it's a fake company and people are controlling who's the champion etc anyway. So they're ALWAYS being put down if they're looking at it like that.

1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah this is what I don't get about the women who are throwing a strop about it. They do realise that it's a fake company and people are controlling who's the champion etc anyway. So they're ALWAYS being put down if they're looking at it like that.

Just from a kayfabe point of view, some wrestlers are booked as top stars and have more value than those who are booked as jobbers. Isn't that just the reality of wrestling?

I just see a fun meme being taken way too seriously here. Imagine getting upset about someone stating that Roman Reigns is kayfabe more valuable than... well, I don't watch WWE these days so just insert any old low card talent here I guess.