Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Having not heard of her until last week, I am now a huge Maki Itoh fan. She's hilarious. Foul-mouthed and emotional, consumed by her failures but convinced that she will be even greater. Her introductory tweet to AEW was 'HELLO MOTHERFUCKERS'.

She also has complete (and rightful) disdain for her fanbase, particularly her male fanbase. She is happy to put up thirst/weirdly-fetishy pictures, but calls all her fans simps (including Jon Silver, and she's now retweeting lots of calls for her to be involved with the Dark Order). And it turns out Jim Cornette, shockingly, doesn't get her at all.

Her (NSFW) response:

Spoiler

Cornette is not ready for someone this good at social media. She couldn't make much more clear how little his opinion matters to her. Brilliant stuff.

Edited by Chris B

Of all the people to still bust out the phrase 'J**' about an Asian worker, I absolutely would chuck a fiver on Cornette accidentally rolling it out while he does his million word rant.

Cornette, he's like the wrestling uncle we loved because you knew no better and he knew all this cool knowledge and was a bit of a character, now some people would have preferred if his laptop had been raided and he vanished forever than a weird ranting bloke. He's got no goodwill left to piss away. Still, it's a living.

Not an attempt to body shame here, I don't want it seen that way, but Cornette is such an odd shape for a human too. Watch him, I can't figure it out, it reads weird.

Edited by Chili

Does his YouTube channel actually make money? Just had a quick scan through his channel and he rarely seems to break 70k views anymore (best I've seen being about 100k) and doesn't even have 200k subs.

Maybe someone with more knowledge will correct me but isn't it basically only massive and long established channels raking in the cash, these days? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Does his YouTube channel actually make money? Just had a quick scan through his channel and he rarely seems to break 70k views anymore (best I've seen being about 100k) and doesn't even have 200k subs.

Maybe someone with more knowledge will correct me but isn't it basically only massive and long established channels raking in the cash, these days? 

He's making an absoulte shitload. He wouldn't be doing so many adreads if he wasn't.

Cornette is a very, very smart man. He knows exactly what he is doing. There is an anti AEW and moves and flips audience out there that he aims this stuff at and he’s making a packet from them. 

He’s tremendous on the historical stuff and then he goes into his gimmick and I just turn my brain off and marvel at how easily he achieves what he wants. So many people saying how he’s irrelevant yet they can’t stop talking about him. He’s obviously a complete prick. But when he goes into his gimmick I just see him as a fake wrestling character, no different from the berserker. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Cornette is a very, very smart man. He knows exactly what he is doing. There is an anti AEW and moves and flips audience out there that he aims this stuff at and he’s making a packet from them. 

He's not even solely aiming it at them. He's aiming at the people who love that stuff and flip their lids everytime he takes the piss out of Marko Stunt. Because they can't help themselves.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

He's an old carny. Considering he pretends he doesn't watch anything unless Brian Last shows it him there's very few names he's not familiar with when brought up. And the chance of having a pop at a Japanese woman who's a bit avant garde is money for him, and will be money for her going forward. Fair play to them both. Twitter and podcasts are the few places it's still a work.