Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

No leg slap will ever be worse than the time Gargano slapped his own thigh on a chop;

ezgif-7-7afad523bb9f.gif.3914926643a22abd0694b4ddcb47bb1a.gif

People used to call him "Johnny Thighslaps" even before NXT.

Killer Kross had an actual visible handprint on his thigh during his match with Ciampa.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yes he was the shits in the ring BUT he lived the party lifestyle synonymous with wrestling at the time and as far as I understand he was very well like as a person backstage so that's why he was around so long. Plus I believe he was quite a well known American footballer or something which may have helped.

Perfect thanks. I read his wiki but didn't see any mention of him being an absolute numpty in the ring so wasn't sure of the context.

Outside of the ring be was supposedly more of a Horseman than the Horsemen were, Ric adored him and he just fit in perfectly. There's a great podcast from Flairs old go at making them with Mongo on and he seems like a right entertaining mad fucker even now.

Mongo ticked all the Horseman boxes. Plus, regardless of how often he ballsed up in the ring, he always had that mad charisma and crazy eyes that kinda covered for him. Absolutely bags of confidence without being self-important (love him and his ridiculous tiny dog). If I read up more, I'd love to find out how much ring training he had before getting on TV. He's another example of something you just wouldn't see today, like Macho Man promos. You just don't get mad tough bastards having a go on national TV anymore. Certainly if anyone today botched as bad as he used to, they'd get that panicked look in their eyes and stall; he'd just roll out and have a pop at the camera. If they did today, you know they'd be blasted on social media and pulled within a week.

I'd also rather have Mongo doing a tombstone than a straight piledriver. The head tuck and fall forward looks much easier to deliver safely.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the scrappiness and character of guys like McMichael. Full-on rose tints, obviously!

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Mongo ticked all the Horseman boxes. Plus, regardless of how often he ballsed up in the ring, he always had that mad charisma and crazy eyes that kinda covered for him. Absolutely bags of confidence without being self-important (love him and his ridiculous tiny dog). If I read up more, I'd love to find out how much ring training he had before getting on TV. He's another example of something you just wouldn't see today, like Macho Man promos. You just don't get mad tough bastards having a go on national TV anymore. Certainly if anyone today botched as bad as he used to, they'd get that panicked look in their eyes and stall; he'd just roll out and have a pop at the camera. If they did today, you know they'd be blasted on social media and pulled within a week.

I'd also rather have Mongo doing a tombstone than a straight piledriver. The head tuck and fall forward looks much easier to deliver safely.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the scrappiness and character of guys like McMichael. Full-on rose tints, obviously!

Give me a 300lbs idiot doing safe but sloppy looking tombstones and oozing charisma over 180lbs geeks doing superkicks and arguing over Twitter every day of the week. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Give me a 300lbs idiot doing safe but sloppy looking tombstones and oozing charisma over 180lbs geeks doing superkicks and arguing over Twitter every day of the week. 

We still talking about Mongo here?

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Shawn Michaels is a cunt. He inspired a generation of massive fannys.

Every single member of the HBK Class at the PC is a fucking boring melodramatic spot monkey dickhead.

• Paid Members

I hadn't watched this in forever. I'd completely forgotten about the Edge run in. Fuck, he looks cool taking the helmet off and rolling his eyes at the, "thank you," chants.

To this day though, the only rationale I can think of for Heyman counting the pin is to undermine the whole thing.

Edited by Supremo

I think Heyman counting it was like Punk hopping the barricade at MITB. A kind of "We're taking your title, fuck you" moment. It still makes sense even after he turned on RVD immediately, because you could argue he was just doing what he needed to in order to get a title over to the new ECW brand. 

ONS 2006 is decent. Not 2005 level decent, but still very watchable. I remember liking Angle/Orton. Before it all went tits up, Heyman was doing the rounds talking about how Angle was going to be the linchpin of this new breed of ECW that would still be an edgy alternative but rely more on physicality and realism. Taking cues from UFC, probably. It all seemed like a good way to go, at the outset. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Before it all went tits up, Heyman was doing the rounds talking about how Angle was going to be the linchpin of this new breed of ECW that would still be an edgy alternative but rely more on physicality and realism. Taking cues from UFC, probably. It all seemed like a good way to go, at the outset. 

It's a fucking bold claim, really. It's one thing to say it's going to be amazing wrestling when you can point to one of the best wrestlers in the world on their roster, but who else is propping up their cards? Mike Knox? Test?  

• Paid Members
On 6/9/2020 at 7:42 AM, SaitoRyo said:

2-0 Orton. 

Why is seemingly every single wrestler obsessed with "busting their asses," these days? It sounds like 2004 Ring of Honor on steroids, having stripped out all of the fun out of wrestling. 

(Actually, on second thoughts, no steroids).

Give me Kevin Nash making everything look effortless and being a cool as fuck in the process any day of the week.

Randy Orton's suddenly going up in my estimation though.

Edited by garynysmon

Is it not because there’s not much else they can brag about? They never really sold out this and that, or broke any records. The Kliq were all in the post-Hogan dark ages of no money, and Ciampa couldn’t even draw the curtains at his mum’s house. And at that point, you have to justify yourself by saying “well, I’m better than the big stars in this way...”