Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

Fucking hell. I've found Orton boring as piss the vast majority of his career, but his Twitter game well and truly has their number. If only they could get this on screen without just having him bury the NXT indy crew.

At the very least, you'd hope the trainers down there are listening and try to reign in those weekend warrior habits.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

At the very least, you'd hope the trainers down there are listening and try to reign in those weekend warrior habits.

Yeah, like stomping your feet when throwing punches.. WWE Superstars NEVER do that...

37 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Yeah, like stomping your feet when throwing punches.. WWE Superstars NEVER do that...

Touche, although I don't recall seeing a WWE Superstar hovering his stomping foot above the mat he's about to stomp on for a second or two before doing it. (awaits string of gifs proving me very very wrong)

Ha. What a pathetic response that was from Ciampa. Good to see Orton highlighting such bollocks, few things annoy me more about the wrestling style of today than that trend. The leg slap can be a great effect when disguised and used to highlight the impact of a particular strike. Wrestlers today make zero effort to disguise it, do it for ALL strikes, but worst of all constantly do it when their opponent is striking them! Feels like a result of the whole 'everyone knows it's fake, who cares' mindset. It's the sort of thing i'm amazed someone like Regal, who's been noted before as pushing the fact that the art of a wrestling match comes down to looking as though and making people believe you are legitimately trying to beat your opponent, isn't constantly flipping his lid and bollocking people for it like he did in that episode of Breaking Ground with the shoulder roll into fighting stance bit.

That is the most entertained I have ever been with Randy Orton. 

I hardly ever notice the leg slapping although I only watch Takeovers not the weekly stuff but I'm sure they will stick out like a sore thumb now that I know they happen so frequently 

• Paid Members

Going back to the glorious What Will Mongo Do Next? Twitter page - what's the story there? Was he just a terrible worker? Was it a rib? How was it allowed?

Being decidedly anti-WCW in my youth I have no idea of the context and interested to hear your own takes.

13 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Going back to the glorious What Will Mongo Do Next? Twitter page - what's the story there? Was he just a terrible worker? Was it a rib? How was it allowed?

Being decidedly anti-WCW in my youth I have no idea of the context and interested to hear your own takes.

Super bowl winner, pissed charisma compared to the rest of LT's back up at Mania 11, good looking wife, that's about it

Still think he was a better wrestler than commentator, which is really not a compliment 

14 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Yes he was the shits in the ring BUT he lived the party lifestyle synonymous with wrestling at the time and as far as I understand he was very well like as a person backstage so that's why he was around so long. Plus I believe he was quite a well known American footballer or something which may have helped.