Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm curious. Hope you don't mind me asking.

What experience have you gone through that would convince you that someone isn't racist even when they say they are?

I sincerely respect your question and will answer in a few or later this afternoon.

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

More that I think it's a bit confusing and weird that someone's childhood wrestling hero would be a Japanese wrestler with a mullet and tiny moustache rather than someone like Bret Hart, The Rock, Sting or Rey Mysterio like a normal child.

That is fucking silly, dude. There are countries that aired Japanese wrestling looooong before WWE and WCW.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Whistling Skull said:

That is fucking silly, dude. There are countries that aired Japanese wrestling looooong before WWE and WCW.

Plot twist, Wrestling Skull is actually Hulk Hogan himself. It all makes sense now.

34 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

Hulk Hogan is not my childhood wrestling Hero. That was Hiroshi Hase.

I'm speaking from my own experiences. Just saying stuff that sounds cool and morally inoffensive, does not make you correct.

So, erm, saying ‘I’m a racist’ sounds ‘cool’? I’m going to assume ‘morally inoffensive’ was a typo and not a Freudian slip.

You’re also conveniently overlooking the comments he made to Nick Hogan. If this was an isolated incident that would be one thing, but it isn’t. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

In other ‘The Hogans are a bunch of dumbfucks’ news, here’s this gem from his son Nick, the one that gave his passenger severe brain damage while drink-driving

UqrkSvE.jpg

He was in a bad place, to be fair.

Admittedly, that bad place was 'behind the steering wheel', but still, I don't think that, deep down, he was drink-driving or that he's a drink-driver. If there haven't been any other incidents of him drink-driving since then, how do you know he's really a drunk-driver? You're very judgmental.

I like a Japanese wrestler, by the way. Great bunch of lads.

Edited by Chris B

I’m probably one of the biggest Hogan marks, his presence on my TV as a 4 year old was the literal reason I’m still a wrestling fan 31 years on and he’s someone I’d love to meet in person one day to thank him for that but he’s a clear as day racist and politicking cunt of a man no two ways about it

21 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm curious. Hope you don't mind me asking.

What experience have you gone through that would convince you that someone isn't racist even when they say they are?

I've had a pretty wide range of experiences in dealing with racist remarks or people that present themselves as being racist. Be it in the workplace, at school in sports or in random social interactions.

In some situations, just saying that what they're doing is unacceptable does the trick. They knew they were wrong in the first place and were trying to be cool for their buddies, which backfired. Go sort your life out and don't bother me with your nonsense.

I've also been in situations where someone announces him or herself as a racist and has all kinds of pseudo politcal arguments to go with it. When i sat down and talked to these people, it always turns out that there's a pain inside them that makes them lash out at the world. Recognizing and aknowledging that pain goes a long way im having them drop the facade and admitting that they just want to be treated the way they feel they should, but are to afraid to start by setting the example.

There have also been instances where a schoolmate seems dug in on being racist, and them actually getting to know a person of colour or actually experiencing ethnic diversity makes a giant difference. I find this and all the things in between to be worth thinking about while handeling this subject. If you don't feel it's worth your though, time and effort, i can understand that. I choose to live differently.

• Paid Members

Nobody ever talks about Hogan saying this in his chat with Nick in prison. “You know that God gave you this vibe and this, this, energy that you and I are going to live forever, bro. I just hope we don’t come back as a couple, I don’t want to say it, blizz-ack gizz-uys, you know what I’m saying?”

That family is fucked up.