Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

7 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Someone doesn't need to be Donald Trump in order to be racist. The bar should be a lot lower than active hate crimes.

Also worth remembering that 'apologising to his colleagues' involved Hogan giving a speech about the dangers of being recorded, rather than apologising for the whole 'Hey, black guys, you're not good enough to date my daughter' bit.

Ofcrourse Trump isn't the bar for racism. He's a deeply disturbed individual on many levels. That was the point of the comparisom.

I have also heard that he has personally apologized to people after his ill-received blanket speech and that said apologies were accepted by the people in question.

4 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Sorry but you are talking absolute shite. How would you know what is out of character for Hogan? Are you mates with him? 

Hogan is a carny and a racist. You have only ever seen what he allows you to see when the camera is on. 

So give over with your bollocks. 

You don't have to apologize for disagreeing with me. You're more judgemental than I am, on this issue. Which is fine by me. I stand by the statement that people can be more complex than you make them out to be.

Just now, Chris B said:

I think racism is rather more complex than you seem to be making out.

No, you just say sorry and blame personal circumstances, then you can do it as much as you want. 

He is obviously a troll account, it won't be before Mountevans is in here telling him how awful this place is. 

Honestly with what is happening in America, with us being days removed from finding out about another member on here being an abhorrent human I cannot comprehend why someone is on here defending racist hulk hogan. Wrestling fans are the fucking worst.  

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

No, you just say sorry and blame personal circumstances, then you can do it as much as you want. 

He is obviously a troll account, it won't be before Mountevans is in here telling him how awful this place is. 

Honestly with what is happening in America, with us being days removed from finding out about another member on here being an abhorrent human I cannot comprehend why someone is on here defending racist hulk hogan. Wrestling fans are the fucking worst.  

That was aimed at @Whistling Skull, who appears to think that racism isn't something otherwise 'good' people can be.

• Paid Members
Just now, Whistling Skull said:

Can otherwise good people make racist remarks when their in a bad way? Yes.

That doesn't mean they're not racist. Whereas you seem to be giving them a pass.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Whistling Skull said:

Can otherwise good people make racist remarks when their in a bad way? Yes.

No. An otherwise good person can be racist. Non-racists don't tend to make racist remarks.

Young people can grow and be educated and some behaviour can be excused. Grown men who acknowledge their own racism do not fit that category remotely.

Just now, Chris B said:

That doesn't mean they're not racist. Whereas you seem to be giving them a pass.

I don't give everyone a pass. I try to judge people by their personal merits and the way they treat others. Not that racist thing he said that one time when he was depressed and recoeded without his knowing.

If he had a record of doing this sort of thing all the time, or had done it since, my opinion of him would be very different.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

No. An otherwise good person can be racist. Non-racists don't tend to make racist remarks.

Young people can grow and be educated and some behaviour can be excused. Grown men who acknowledge their own racism do not fit that category remotely.

That's where we disagree. I think people can be more complex than that.

Edited by Whistling Skull

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

"I'm not a criminal, your honour, she's the only person I've ever murdered."

If you honestly think that this falls in the same category, all I can say is vaya con Dios, man.

Edited by Whistling Skull