Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

1 minute ago, Whistling Skull said:

recoeded without his knowing

Well he would hardly spill his guts if he knew the camera was on would he. He was caught being racist, it has fuck all to do with depression. The fact you are using depression as an excuse is quite frankly disgusting. 

I truly think you are just looking for an argument now so I am going to stop posting.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

I don't give everyone a pass. I try to judge people by their personal merits and the way they treat others. Not that racist thing he said that one time when he was depressed and recoeded without his knowing.

If he had a record of doing this sort of thing all the time, or had done it since, my opinion of him would be very different.

'Record' is the important point there. His private take on race only came to light when he was recorded. To be that obsessed with racism that you're thinking of it immediately after sex is a fairly full-on level of racism. Since then, we all have to decide whether his views have changed (or weren't real in the first place) or whether he's been more careful not to have them recorded. 

• Paid Members

I am sure I have mentioned this before, but I worked backstage at the TNA Wembley show in 2013 when Hogan was over. Backstage he was a miserable moody bastard to everyone. My mate went to the Meet and Greet and told me how wonderful he was to everyone, joking and posing for photos. The "Hogan" we see is that, a character. Terry Bollea isn't the same. So I suppose wrestling Skull if you want, you can say the character of Hulk Hogan isn't racist. But the man playing him definitely is.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I am sure I have mentioned this before, but I worked backstage at the TNA Wembley show in 2013 when Hogan was over. Backstage he was a miserable moody bastard to everyone. My mate went to the Meet and Greet and told me how wonderful he was to everyone, joking and posing for photos. The "Hogan" we see is that, a character. Terry Bollea isn't the same. So I suppose wrestling Skull if you want, you can say the character of Hulk Hogan isn't racist. But the man playing him definitely is.

Yep, Hogan was such a nice guy to me when I met him at the M&G there. I was genuinely surprised at how nice he was.

But anyone I've known that's worked for/with him says he's certainly not like that all the time. He definitely knows when to turn it on/off.

It's clear that the only thing he's really sorry for is getting caught.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

That's where we disagree. I think people can be more complex than that.

People are complex. But racism is racism. Very little excuses it.

Racism itself isn't a crime. So it's purely about your moral compass.

26 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Racism is in fact a crime, in my country. You can be fined and prosecuted for it.

At the Hulk Hogan experiences shared: That sucks. He didn't strike me as that type of asshole, even though i do know that he can be quite the diva.

I have never actually been around him, so i'll take your word for it. He wasn't very nice at all.

Also, sepression is no excuse for anything, it's just the reason for his behavior that seemes most obvious to me.

And Joe Blog, while i understand your points and where you're coming from, you should take so much offense to everything. Cursing and cussing doesn't make your point stronger. I'm not purposfully disagreeing with you. We just don't agree.

Edited by Whistling Skull

26 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Racism is repugnant. I share this basic opnion with you. 

Inappropriate

6 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

And Joe Blog, while i understand your points and where you're coming from, you should take so much offense to everything. Cursing and cussing doesn't make your point stronger. I'm not purposfully disagreeing with you. We just don't agree.

Jesus christ, are you actually trying to take the moral high ground while defending a racist? 

6 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

Jesus christ, are you actually trying to take the moral high ground while defending a racist? 

1 minute ago, Divorced Dad said:

No no, you misunderstood in triplicate. While he has said racist things, i do not currently see him as a racist.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

it's just the reason for his behavior that seemes most obvious to me.

It's the reason for his behaviour that YOU want to believe. The most obvious reason he would say things like that is that he believes them. Anything else is a stretch.

None of us ever want to believe that our childhood heroes or people we really like or even our friends/family are capable of doing bad things or being bad people.

There's no enjoyment in seeing a guy like Hulk fall from grace and be like this, but people can't just make excuses for him.